Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it safe?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Is it safe? Reply with quote

Alright. My M3 has seen better days. Buttons missing, sliders missing, a few bent keys, beer spilled on top of the mudule by some drunk, and the screen looks like it's on its last days. But, I love the C-C 73 key version, semi-wieghted, lightweight, doesn't take up much stage realestate and does everything I need for live performance, including SST via Karma. The M3 has NEVER failed me doing gigs in extreme heat and cold. (Knock on wood, I have a gig tonight), but looks like I'm going to have to settle on a Kronos 61. The 88 and 73 has just too damn heavy when you include a case. I'm strictly a live player. Not looking to record the next big hit. I'm not too concerned about the keybed problem since I would settle on the 61 version, but I'm REALLY concerned about rebooting during live performance. Anything I can do to bolster my odds I'll get a solid reliable Kronos? By the way, I have never used a UPS on any of my numerous boards I have used throughout many years of live performance and never had issues. Is it safe? Confused
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your experience parallels mine. But now, I rarely gig out. This generation of synth and operating system is more heavily oriented to a computer. That is why I have suggested line conditioning(the expensive type power strip at the very least) as well as the UPS. The UPS, of course, keeps the Kronos operating system up and running in the event of a mometary outage. Will it prevent any possible software glitch like some have reported...NO.

I believe the Kronos should be handled respectfully and probably has less latitude in that respect that several others that have been mentioned...like your M3. If you handle it carefully, it should work for you. But that is your decision.
Good luck. Smile Smile
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't gig but if my career/income was dependant on a keyboard I would have a backup plan at all times.

For example, I have 2 computers, access to a 2nd car.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow dude, your M3 has seen a rough life.

While beer is not too bad, dont spill a soda into it, the sugar is a keyboard killer.

Missing knobs & sliders, sound like something on display at my local Guitar Center. Shocked

I would expect the Kronos to hold fairly well, but as said, I'd get a UPS and a case for your application, and try avoiding drunks.

Put it on the bottom of a two tier stand with the sacrafishal keyboard on Top (maybe a roland or yamaha Shocked ).
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: