Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bouncing track to USB not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evhwolfy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Bouncing track to USB not working Reply with quote

I have bounced plenty of tracks to my USB drive without incident.....until now.

The most recent project I am working on will allow me to bounce the track to my USB, internal SSD, or any other device as well. However, when I remove the USB drive and plug it into anything else, the file is not there. When I plug it back into the Kronos, it shows up again. I have tried this with multiple USB drives and am getting the same result. What's interesting is that it is only happening with this particular song.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try another usb drive?
evhwolfy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried 3 different USB drives. I have even tried reformatting all of the USB drives on the Kronos and recopying the file over to the drive. Inevitably, the file shows up on the drive when plugged into the Kronos, but doesn't show up on any of the multiple computers I've plugged them into. I have even tried putting the USB drives into my car and it doesn't appear there either.

As I mentioned, I have not had this problem bouncing, literally dozens of previous tracks. More importantly, I can still bounce any of the other tracks to the USB drives and they work fine. It is only this particular song that is giving me problems.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evhwolfy wrote:
I have tried 3 different USB drives. I have even tried reformatting all of the USB drives on the Kronos and recopying the file over to the drive. Inevitably, the file shows up on the drive when plugged into the Kronos, but doesn't show up on any of the multiple computers I've plugged them into. I have even tried putting the USB drives into my car and it doesn't appear there either.

As I mentioned, I have not had this problem bouncing, literally dozens of previous tracks. More importantly, I can still bounce any of the other tracks to the USB drives and they work fine. It is only this particular song that is giving me problems.

Rename song / Re-save etc? Does the name contain some odd characters perhaps?
evhwolfy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There aren't any unique characters any different than previous tracks I've bounced and saved.

However, I will try renaming it and see if it works. Thanks for the suggestion.
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably more reliable to do the bounce to the internal SSD first, and then copy it to a memory stick.

jg::
keekma

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problems with different USB sticks. Kronos can read the files, but on my PC some of the files where missing. I tried cleaning up the register on my computer and formating the USB sticks. For a while it was ok, but the problem returned. Now I use a SD card with a USB cardreader and I have had no problems anymore. I dont know why but it works.

Former keyboards:
Yamaha s90es, Virus TI snow, Roland xp30, Roland u20, Roland juno 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: