Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample Waveforms not loading in editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andherlips

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Sample Waveforms not loading in editor Reply with quote

I tried loading a wav file off my computer to edit and the sample waveform isn't showing up in the timeline and allowing me to edit it. It looks like the start and end points are right on top of each other and there's no waveform. It was working last week. Anyone have any advice. I tried restarting the computer, I tried reinstalling the software and then I installed the 1.0.1 version off Korg's Japanese site and still the same problem arises. Maybe I'm missing something.
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried it on my computer and seems to work fine here, what operating system do you have, perhaps your sound device is not being detected.
andherlips

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running 10.6.8 - the editor recognizes the microsampler and when I load a sample it will play if I press play it but it doesn't show up in the timeline. Like I said before the waveform doesn't show up. It's weird cause it was working before. It feels like there's a glitch or something that isn't working itself out. When you say maybe it's not recognizing the sound device what do you mean? I'm loading wav files from my laptop's hard drive. I'm not sure how to load photos on here but I took a screen shot of the editor to show how the start and end points seem to be right on top of each other. It's like the wav file is in there somehow but you can't see it and you can't edit it.
andherlips

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try going here: http://fisherphillips.tumblr.com/post/23851013567

I put the image on my tumblr page and if you look closely at the timeline
you'll see under the sample I tried to load "Break Peak2" that the Start and End points are right on top of each other. You've got to look closely but that's what's going on. It's also obvious that the waveform is not in the timeline. When I press play I can hear the sample. That's all I got for now. I'm hoping something will resolve itself. I'm uninstalling and then reinstalling again but I don't think that's the problem.
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When you say maybe it's not recognizing the sound device what do you mean?

I will assume that you can hear the sound and when I look at your photo, the END value is heaps greater than zero, try clicking on the waveform + zoom button repeatedly to see for a result.
If you have a Windows machine, try the Windows version, you can install the editor and run it alone to check for results, no need to install the drivers or plug in the microSAMPLER, unless you will be forced to go Windows.
I don't have a Mac, so I will not be able to check to see if it is a common bug for that software.
andherlips

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on a Mac. I'm aware of the + and - buttons to zoom out or in but they aren't doing anything. When it was working before those functions were working fine. I don't own or work on a PC. I'm guessing it's some weird glitch unless someone else has ever experienced this problem but I'm guessing not. I'm going to contact Korg tomorrow and see if they have a solution. I downloaded the USB midi driver and installed but I wonder if it's necessary for the Mac to run the editor. I wonder if the driver is messing it up somehow....I'm worried that if I can't get the editor to work then I'll have to find a different sampler to work with, which I'm hoping to avoid. The microsampler was suited for my needs.
andherlips

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible.....you were right. I pressed the + sign and sure enough the waveform spread out across the timeline. I can't believe I didn't figure that out sooner. I kept pressing the - sign thinking that when I imported the file that it would be big so my instinct was to make it smaller. It didn't occur to me to try and zoom in. I didn't realize that the particular image of the waveform doesn't reset every time you import a file. This means that if your start and end points are right on top of each other because you pressed the - sign too many times then when you import the next sample it looks as though it doesn't show up in the timeline. You have to expand it by pressing the + sign. A rookie mistake. Thank you for assisting me on this. What a relief!
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know ur getting somewhere andherlips, but there still seems to be a small bug in the software, I tried the same as you pressing the - until the waveform disappears, then open another sample, then have to press the + to see the waveform, I would have thought the waveform should be in full view each time a new sample is loaded or selected, anyhow at least we know what is going on here. Smile
The microSAMPLER is very good at what it does and the editor is a tool which makes it even better, Happy Sampling. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: