Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smart Media Card for Triton LE 61

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mancuniaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Smart Media Card for Triton LE 61 Reply with quote

Hi, I have hust bought a Triton LE 61 with EXB SMPL fitted and am well impressed. Are there any sites where you can download JMJ patches/samles for the media card, either free or paid. Also, can the SCSI be used to record onto like the card can. Please excuse my ignorance but it came with no manuals. Any help would be appreciated.

KInd Regards. Confused .
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a hard drive connected to the SCSI port can be used in the exact same way the SmartMedia card can - only with much larger capacities. It's also possible to connect a CD-ROM via SCSI for loading AKAI sample sets.

Plenty of samples available for purchase. Personally, I used the ksounds Piano2 and quite liked it. Also, AKAI sample CDs can be used (if you have a SCSI CD-ROM drive) and these are plentiful.

Although SmartMedia cards are rare, expensive and hard to find, you can use an XD to SmartMedia adaptor to use XD cards in the Triton. XD cards are cheaper and more readily available, but you can only use sizes up to 128MB with the Triton.

I just sold my LE with EXB-SMPL, 64MB of RAM, SCSI CD-ROM and Hard Drive.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: