Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality of D1600 recording???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doowopsinger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Quality of D1600 recording??? Reply with quote

Our band wants to put together a CD to sell to the public. We're not talking major label here, just a good indie CD. We have a Korg D1600. Comments have been made to us that doing a CD ourselves on a DWS like the Korg D1600 could only produce a "demo" quality product and not something for retail sale to public.

Any thoughts out there on this issue before we waste our time?
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg D1600 is Hands down THE BEST sounding Hardware DAW ever made. Im a Music retail Sales manager and I have sold and used all of em'. From the Hissy Tascam Digitals, The Impossible to figure out and Data compressed Rolands, The just weird Yamaha's, the Fostex Budget units and the Zoom Great Bang for the Buck units. Ive used the D1600 for almost a Decade now. The swapable Hard drive feature alone is worth the Money, and Speaking of the Money, These things are going CHEAP now! Hell, I saw the Big Brother D32XD go for $700 recently. ALL of these songs were done on the D1600.. Very Rough drafts Mind you, but you'll get the Idea. None of these songs are mastered either! http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=747174

Oh, and this thing is Idiot Proof easy to use!! Where do you live?
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=kerzwhile
doowopsinger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kerzwhile"]The Korg D1600 is Hands down THE BEST sounding Hardware DAW ever made. Im a Music retail Sales manager and I have sold and used all of em'. From the Hissy Tascam Digitals, The Impossible to figure out and Data compressed Rolands, The just weird Yamaha's, the Fostex Budget units and the Zoom Great Bang for the Buck units. Ive used the D1600 for almost a Decade now. The swapable Hard drive feature alone is worth the Money, and Speaking of the Money, These things are going CHEAP now! Hell, I saw the Big Brother D32XD go for $700 recently. ALL of these songs were done on the D1600.. Very Rough drafts Mind you, but you'll get the Idea. None of these songs are mastered either! http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=747174

Oh, and this thing is Idiot Proof easy to use!! Where do you live?[/quote]

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply. You assured my confidence in the D1600. I up in Stoneham Mass which is about 7 miles north of Boston.

We tried a few songs on the Korg but I'm not real experienced in mixing.
We do 50's and early 60's oldies doowop. I could use some criticism from experienced ears that can help me figure what to do and what not to do. I wonder if you could give a listen to what we've done and tell me where I' going wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: