Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

L/mono signal cuts out UPDATE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elprimito

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: L/mono signal cuts out UPDATE Reply with quote

I just received my K61 that I got on ebay. It seems to be in mint condition except that the L/mono input jack is giving me some intermittent problems. (cutting out). When that happens, I jiggle the cable and all is fine. Would that be an expensive fix? There is a Korg service center about 10 miles from my home. Or is that something that I can fix? Also, the earphone jack was just receiving one side. I turned off the Kronos, then when I turned it on again, all was fine. I hate to have to send it back....

UPDATE...It's not the l/mono signal that's cutting out. As a mono send, it works fine. Right also works fine, but the stereo signal is what is cutting out. Curiously enough, when the stereo signal is working fine, the headphone signal comes out in stereo. When it's not working correctly, neither is the headphone signal. If I jiggle either the right or left output, I can manage to get the stereo signal.

Last edited by elprimito on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it to the service center. Specially if it's under warranty. The positive side of this is that you can also upgrade the RAM, the SSD and the fan (if noisy)
CaptLego

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tested it with a different cable?
elprimito

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried it with different cables. How can I know if it's still under warranty. I guess probably by calling the previous owner.
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elprimito wrote:
I've tried it with different cables. How can I know if it's still under warranty. I guess probably by calling the previous owner.

You need a copy of the original invoice and show it to the service center. Also, if the invoice has the name of the previous owner, you may have hard time because warranty is not transferable, but some service centers can help you even in this case. Go and talk with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: