Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newb question....is my Microsampler defective?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simpletech

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Newb question....is my Microsampler defective? Reply with quote

1'st time poster here.....own a lot of Korg gear, Z1,Kp3, EX8000 (!) various rackgear effects, etc. Anyway, purchased my Microsampler new over a year ago and played with it for 10 minutes. Life happens and I didn't return to the unit until well...now.

Here's what I notice:

I don't seem to have any pattern sequencer functionality at all. Even in ROM bank when I hit play it just says Preset 01.1 . The Sample and Keyboard functions work -- I can play all the ROM samples. I can also record samples and play them back both ways. The effects section works fine. I can't record a pattern, however. In fact, it says to set BPM first -- my tap tempo button blinks when the unit is doing it's initial boot-up sequence, but then just sits dead. When I hit the "dead" tap tempo button the display reads something like a symbol for a quarter note, then -EXT. I know how to set BPM through the edit button, but alas.....no record or play of sequences at all. I've done the key assigning, and have made sure to have samples recorded beforehand.

I'm stumped......I'm sure I'm out of warranty by now. Anyway I can re-flash this thing. Can Korg help?

Sorry to ramble...appreciate any help!!
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this will help, but look to see that you have your MS set as Master for MIDI Clock in the Global settings.
simpletech

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: It Worked!! Reply with quote

electrochrisso......

You are a genius -- it worked!! Can't tell you how grateful I am. The manual is somewhat cryptic so to have somebody just shoot back an answer to my query like this is invaluable. I'm just starting with the MS and I'm sure that in a couple of months after getting up to speed I'll look back on my post as the ultimate newb question, but for now I thank you!!

peace and carrots
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news simpletech, I had a sneaking suspicion that would be the problem, and would hate to think the MS goes a bit funny, after being stored for a while. Smile
The manual need to be read over a few times to get the hang of the MS, but this versatile little beast produces some pretty fantastic stuff, very easily, when you explore and get the hang of using it. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: