Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese copies of MOSS-TRI boards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paugui

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Chinese copies of MOSS-TRI boards Reply with quote

Hi

Recently I made a trade deal with a friend that involved some MOSS-TRI boards.

He was trying to selling the MOSS-TRI boards now and one buyer claims the ones he got are copies made in China.
Anyone has ever heard something similar to this?

I got the boards as New Old Stock products and I am sure they are the real deal.
If they were made in China or not, I'm not aware, but I'm sure they all are legit items made by Korg and all were brand new including the original package.

I'm pretty sure the guy is just trying to rip him off, but since this is the Korg Forum, I was hoping someone inside Korg could confirm that there are no Chinese copies of MOSS-TRI boards in the market, which I'm pretty sure there aren't.

Thanks in advance,
Best

Paulo
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you know this isn't an official Korg support forum, so you may wish to contact Korg directly for official confirmation.

However JerrytheK (Jerry Kovarsky, Korg USA) on the forums here is perhaps the one to ask if you require an official answer. Hope he won't mind me linking to his profile:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=586

All in all, though, Chinese copies, sounds dodgy. Haven't heard of anything myself however.
tarek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinese copies of MOSS-TRI boards Reply with quote

[quote="paugui"]Hi

Recently I made a trade deal with a friend that involved some MOSS-TRI boards.

He was trying to selling the MOSS-TRI boards now and one buyer claims the ones he got are copies made in China.
Anyone has ever heard something similar to this?

hi pagui ..what you've heard is true!!! yes its true and korg should also know

or in my opinion they know about it but they are sleeping on it Wink

and here is the story it all started here in middle east particulary in syria ..oriental music is a diversed music which depands mainly on accoustic instruments and wood winds..etc the triton was a big success for the oriental music espcially the syrian style ....and the moss board was the main key for success ..then korg stopped producing those boards and their was the turning point !!!!!yes many of players needs the board but the boards are few or rare or sky rocketing..soo some one took the real moss to china and they managed to copy its codes and they did the same circuit!!!u may say it impossible Very Happy but chineese manged to copy the us Lockheed EP-3 and all its most advanced circuits in few days back in 2001 soo moss board is realy something silly to them...its true it exsits its the same and the ships are labled with korg its quality is low and causes many crahes and mulfunction ...so iam not proud that somebody faked it but also thats what happen when u leave a large number of customers without the gear they need,others take advantges and start to do black market or fake..hope korg opens their eyes or sooon iam sure that we will see a faked m3 or faked m4 or even faked oasys..

software: korg legacy collection digtal edition,cubase5,sonar7.

past gear:yamaha A3,gem WS1,korg pa50/80,i30,triton le,pa800,ketron vega
paugui

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just sent an email to JerrytheK and he said he thinks it's really unlikely that those boards were ever made.

I think this is all very strange, especially because if they could get all that knowledge so quickly, why have they stop there?
Why haven't they produced a simple rack version for it?
And why haven't they tried to do the same with other synths?
That would have been quite more profitable, no?
tarek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="paugui"]I've just sent an email to JerrytheK and he said he thinks it's really unlikely that those boards were ever made.

I think this is all very strange, especially because if they could get all that knowledge so quickly, why have they stop there?
And why haven't they tried to do the same with other synths?
That would have been quite more profitable, no?[/quott

they didn't wont to take korg place in what comes to synthsizers production and what so ever ...in china they can make every thing u ask them and u pay for..so the guys who faked the korg moss ..only funded that project since they are selling it for 500$ for the board!!and iam sure its true regrading to what mr jerry told you ..even korg lebanon warrned their customers from using this board!!!!and it sold in the black market and under the table ...

software: korg legacy collection digtal edition,cubase5,sonar7.

past gear:yamaha A3,gem WS1,korg pa50/80,i30,triton le,pa800,ketron vega
paugui

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, then I'm sure there are no problems with the ones I had Smile

Those didn't come from the black market, they were bought in a top Portuguese Music Instruments store.

They didn't have any EXB-MOSS available, which makes me think it was impossible that they got the boards after they have been discontinued, which prevents them from being fake ones, as it wouldn't make any sense to get so many of those and almost no EXB-MOSS (as when I got the MOSS-TRIs, there were no EXB-MOSS, but still plenty of MOSS-TRIs).

Still I can't see why they don't do the same with Nord Modular expansions, as there are some companies doing boards for them, despite they aren't Clavia.
I just think it's too strange that they would just focus on one thing when they could do the same with several products and get much larger profits...
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paugui wrote:

Isn't that what Behringer does? Wink

Hardware pirates.
paugui

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
paugui wrote:

Isn't that what Behringer does? Wink

Hardware pirates.

So why wouldn't the Chinese do the same, right? Wink
Why just do it with MOSS boards Razz

Also, one thing I couldn't get is how they both can be distinguished...

And has the same has happened with the EXB-MOSS boards, as those go for even more than the MOSS-TRI boards?
It would be a natural step to take...
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend already have chinese copy of korg m3 and its completly same as original, and still working with no problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MOSS Option All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: