Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Queen's Spike Edney on Tour with the Korg Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laste7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simur,

yes, but why do you want to be able to do this?
Even with RPPR or ARP you have to foward a click or something to the drummer...we tried it without, and failed.

So we use the sequencer now, to be able to give the drummer a click.
And of course, this has the advantage to fill some other things in, like the Vocoder "Radio" etc.

By the way: I think he is not programming the Kronos on his own, he just play it. As far as I remember, he had a female technican to do the programming...so he will not know, where it comes from Smile
simur

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laste7 wrote:
Hi Simur,

yes, but why do you want to be able to do this?
Even with RPPR or ARP you have to foward a click or something to the drummer...we tried it without, and failed.

Absolutely I have to send a click to the drummer. The easiest way is to connect Kronos to a cheap drummachine (or an iOS / android app ) and send the click from it.

Laste7 wrote:
So we use the sequencer now, to be able to give the drummer a click.
And of course, this has the advantage to fill some other things in, like the Vocoder "Radio" etc.

I did in past but it was a down side: it has a very hard pre-production work. If you want to change time, key, tempo or the song structure you have to rework the sequence. But it is only a point of view, depending on the project you are working on...

Laste7 wrote:
By the way: I think he is not programming the Kronos on his own, he just play it. As far as I remember, he had a female technican to do the programming...so he will not know, where it comes from Smile
You are 100% right Wink
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

23 years ago I used ther sequencer in my Korg EX 800. It had 2 outputs and because I was running a mono system we just sent the other side to the board and routed it to a separate monitor send that only the drummer heard loudly. Plus, he had a foot switch to turn it on or off as he needed. I used the EX-800 for other sounds and sometimes he just wanted to hear his regular mix.
I also find just using a straight click is just obnoxious to work with. I prefer4 to send a grooving percussion track generally using latin percussion. Even in metal songs although this is mostly when we're recording. It helps keep everything tight.The "click" is never heard after the fact of course.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: