Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Won't boot. Says disconnect usb device

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joesi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Won't boot. Says disconnect usb device Reply with quote

So I installed the new os and all was well until today. Turning it on it gets about 1/5 through and says to disconnect usb devices. There are none connected! Help. Happens each time I restart it.
"Sysem startup failure. Please diconnect usb devices and restart"

UPDATE: I checked out post "Korg Kronos DOA". Took suggestion to plug in a usb flash drive, pull the power plug, plug in power plug, and start.

It solved the problem. I then shut down, pulled the usb flash, and re-started. All appears to be ok now.

2nd UPDATE: Dead again. This OS is voodoo. I guess I will have to go out and buy a usb dvd player and install the OS from scratch and redo the updates. Come on, Korg, this sucks. I only have about 10 hours on this synth!
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Won't boot. Says disconnect usb device Reply with quote

joesi wrote:
This OS is voodoo. I guess I will have to go out and buy a usb dvd player and install the OS from scratch and redo the updates. Come on, Korg, this sucks. I only have about 10 hours on this synth!

Personally I think this update is killer. Is it possible that your USB device is not compatible?
Have you tried formatting your USB stick on Kronos then putting the installation files on and doing the install?
AlchemistMusicStudio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Won't boot. Says disconnect usb device Reply with quote

...or maybe this:

"Full Install"
option - reinstalling the system from the DVDs?

The function does the following:
- Restores the system software on the internal hard drive
- Initializes the internal memory, and re‐loads the original factory preload data–including all Programs, Combinations, Drum Kits, Wave Sequences, and Global settings
- Erases all files inside the internal hard drive’s FACTORY directory, and then restores the factory preload files, including the PRELOAD.PCG file and the demo sequences (leaves all other data on the disk intact).

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlchemistMusicStudio
http://www.myspace.com/remiplanet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: