Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SUPER Frustrated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bartcarfizzi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: SUPER Frustrated Reply with quote

I am just super frustrated with the lack of COMPLETE Utilities for my M50. M50 Editor, does not output to a correct PCG File, Aldan Can not read these, nor can PCGTools. M50 Editor doesn't allow for Relocating of Patches and is quite clumsy when it comes to Re-assigning Names. But is the only one that will allow back and forth communications between It and the Synth.

I know these seem to be picky items and Some of the utilities are offered free of charge.. But is there ANY Utilities that Do It All??? I wouldnt Mind paying for it either!

Thanks for an venting outlet
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My application cannot do it all (it cannot communicate directly with the synth), however it should be able to read all M50 PCG files.

If possible, please email your PCG file to me so I can analyze it and see what is the problem.

Kind regards,

Michel

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(btw, if you would have posted this in the M50 thread I would probably have seen it quicker). I hope I can help you solve this issue.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bartcarfizzi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Apologies Reply with quote

My most humble of apologies Michael.. Your program is the one working correctly... There was just some things i wanted to do that yours doesnt permit, and Aldan, Which does have the capabilities, Cant read REAL PCG Files output from M50 EDITOR or PCGTOOLS.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, however what do you mean with 'cannot read "REAL" PCG files output'?

What are 'real' PCG files?

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know what you mean, reading the Aldan Librarian thread.

The M50 (and also X50/Microstation) uses a non generic PCG file format which cannot be read by both applications.

For the M50 what you can do is: load the (non default Editor) PCG file in your synth, save it as a normal PCG file and load it in PCG Tools.

Saving a normal PCG file is not possible on a X50/Microstation if I'm right.

andersborg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
My application cannot do it all (it cannot communicate directly with the synth), however it should be able to read all M50 PCG files.

If possible, please email your PCG file to me so I can analyze it and see what is the problem.

Kind regards,

Michel

Just a hint: It would be simple to send the right MIDI Sysex and take care of the received Program, Combi, Seq and Global Sysex. I don't know for sure, but I would guess the PCG file format is quite similar to the MIDI Sysex. See M50_MIDIFX.TXT.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes actually I get most of my information from that file.

However, reading/sending sysex messages is quite some task to add, which I probably will do one time but for the next months I will be already occupied with features for PCG (and SNG) files.

andersborg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

However, reading/sending sysex messages is quite some task to add, which I probably will do one time but for the next months I will be already occupied with features for PCG (and SNG) files.

I meant both M50_MIDI.TXT and M50_MIDIFX.TXT. The latter contains only settings for the effects, but is still larger than MIDI.TXT. That says something about the complexity and flexibility of the effects unit.

Maybe you could parse these files to create the data structures used in the application.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andersborg wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

I meant both M50_MIDI.TXT and M50_MIDIFX.TXT. The latter contains only settings for the effects, but is still larger than MIDI.TXT. That says something about the complexity and flexibility of the effects unit.

Maybe you could parse these files to create the data structures used in the application.

Yes of course I can, but since that is a lot of work, I concentrate for the time being on less ambitious goals. Also, I would have to parse all Kronos, Oasys, M3 and Triton documents too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: