Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading KSC files - setting default option for 'allocation'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Loading KSC files - setting default option for 'allocation' Reply with quote

I have a KSC set of special samples from the Triton Studio. They load just fine*, but the default allocation is to 'Clear RAM & EXs'. I'm assuming clearing the EXs would remove all the EXs for the factory sounds, which I would not want to do.

Is there any way I can modify the KSC to change the default to 'Clear RAM'?

* - Thanks Korg for providing that little touch of compatibility - It is fantastic to be able to load these, compared to the huge effort needed to convert programs and combis.
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the option called "Append"
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I want to Append, other times I want to Clear RAM, depending on what I've been doing previously. (of course with the Kronos there is enough RAM that I probably don't have to worry about it).

But my question is how do I set the default selection on the Load KSC page to be something other than Clear RAM and EXs. I don't think I will ever want to clear all the EXs, so I have to be careful to change the selection every time I load. I would rather set the default to something else.

Is that possible?

Eventually, I need to learn how to merge all my samples into the default set that is loaded at startup, so I won't have to deal with this at all.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarPabl already answered you !
Append is the option to merge your samples with Factory EXs !
Since factory shipped preloading KSC of EXs is 800 Mb then 190 mb of user samples
are available for default Ram.

Summary the way of merging all to a new KSC file is :
a) clear Ram or restart Kronos,load Preload.KSC if not included in auto-load list.
b) Then load YourSamples.KSC , but choose the "append" option , that means your
samples can additionally loaded to Ram without erasing any previously loaded
(since you don't exceed Ram capacity).
c) Finally save ALL under different name and the lately saved KSC file includes
all preloded EXs plus all your user multisamples.

As last this KSC file can be exclusively added to Global/Auto-Load list and on next start-up
all will be on board.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry Antony to barge in, but I just managed today to save a wav file to the internal HD so as to create a program out of that sample and then, finally, insert it within a combi scenario.

all wal well until I turned the unit off and then on again. as you surely know, the sample was NOT there, so I had to go to disk, load the wav file, then sampling, choose the sample and only after that the program I had created was finally able to read the sample, so I could play, etc.

what I've been reading so far is that what I need to do is to create a KSC file that I could add to the auto-load section in global mode, but I don't know how to create that file with my samples!!!

could you (or anyone) help me??!!

thanks!

Kronos 88 - Korg M50 61 - Morphwiz - Alchemy synth
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferchis wrote:
sorry Antony to barge in, but I just managed today to save a wav file to the internal HD so as to create a program out of that sample and then, finally, insert it within a combi scenario.

all wal well until I turned the unit off and then on again. as you surely know, the sample was NOT there, so I had to go to disk, load the wav file, then sampling, choose the sample and only after that the program I had created was finally able to read the sample, so I could play, etc.

what I've been reading so far is that what I need to do is to create a KSC file that I could add to the auto-load section in global mode, but I don't know how to create that file with my samples!!!

could you (or anyone) help me??!!

thanks!
'

This part of the manuals should be helpful, and includes step-by-step instructions for what you want to do: Operation Guide -> Sampling -> User Sample Banks
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
Sometimes I want to Append, other times I want to Clear RAM, depending on what I've been doing previously. (of course with the Kronos there is enough RAM that I probably don't have to worry about it).

But my question is how do I set the default selection on the Load KSC page to be something other than Clear RAM and EXs. I don't think I will ever want to clear all the EXs, so I have to be careful to change the selection every time I load. I would rather set the default to something else.

Is that possible?

Eventually, I need to learn how to merge all my samples into the default set that is loaded at startup, so I won't have to deal with this at all.

Try this:

1. If you haven't done so already, upgrade to 2.0.2. (Use of the term "Clear RAM" suggests that you may still be using an older version of the KRONOS software)

2. Load and save your Triton samples following the instructions in Operation Guide -> Sampling -> User Sample Banks -> "Saving User Sample Banks."

3. Load the newly-created [name]_UserBank KSC file, following the instructions later in that same section under "Loading User Sample Banks."

4. Add the newly-created [name]_UserBank KSC to the auto-load list, following the instructions in Operation Guide -> Global -> Automatically loading sample data -> Adding a KSC to the list

5. Check its Auto-Load box, so that it loads along with PRELOAD.KSC.

Now, it will load automatically at startup. If you don't want it to load automatically, just de-select its check-box.

Hope this helps!
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Dan, after some more searching here in the forums I think I've found the answer and have already added the ksc file to the auto-load list.

there's still one question left. if I create more samples later, can I "add" them to the same KSC file I'm auto-loading or should I make one for EACH sample?

Kronos 88 - Korg M50 61 - Morphwiz - Alchemy synth
danatkorg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferchis wrote:
thanks Dan, after some more searching here in the forums I think I've found the answer and have already added the ksc file to the auto-load list.

there's still one question left. if I create more samples later, can I "add" them to the same KSC file I'm auto-loading or should I make one for EACH sample?

You can add samples to the KSC. Note that to do so, you'll need to load the KSC into Sampling Mode, as opposed to as a user bank. You can easily swap back and forth between the two; for more information, see "Editing User Sample Banks" in the "User Sample Banks" section of the Operation Guide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: