Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg T2EX factory disk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Korg T2EX factory disk Reply with quote

Hi all,

I apologise for the bad form - I've just joined (although lurked for years!) and I'm already asking for favours! And on a subject that has been covered before I'm afraid...

Recently acquired a T2EX and although the disk drive seems to be working fine (it was demonstrated to me by the seller), he didn't have the original factory disk any more.

So that's what I'm looking for. Even a loan so I could take a copy would be great.

I can see that Korg can supply the patches from their UK site in MIDI SysEx form, but not the accompanying PCM data from the original disk. I have also searched for it on the Internet and can't find a downloadable copy anywhere. Have even emailed a couple of eBay sellers that sell T3 factory disks but I don't even get a reply to the question "do you have a T1/T2EX/T3EX disk available?".

If I ever get hold of it, I will definitely make an OmniDisk image of it so we can share in the future!

Thanks in advance,
JohnA.
DCPete

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg T2EX factory disk Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:
Hi all,

I apologise for the bad form - I've just joined (although lurked for years!) and I'm already asking for favours! And on a subject that has been covered before I'm afraid...

Recently acquired a T2EX and although the disk drive seems to be working fine (it was demonstrated to me by the seller), he didn't have the original factory disk any more.

So that's what I'm looking for. Even a loan so I could take a copy would be great.

I can see that Korg can supply the patches from their UK site in MIDI SysEx form, but not the accompanying PCM data from the original disk. I have also searched for it on the Internet and can't find a downloadable copy anywhere. Have even emailed a couple of eBay sellers that sell T3 factory disks but I don't even get a reply to the question "do you have a T1/T2EX/T3EX disk available?".

If I ever get hold of it, I will definitely make an OmniDisk image of it so we can share in the future!

Thanks in advance,
JohnA.

Interested in this too...just picked up a T1 (quite possibly from the same chap!)

I have this data sorta on disc but the PCM data won't load.

Current Gear:- KORG TRINITY V3 ~ KORG 01/Wfd ~ TRITON Classic ~ TRITON Pro X ~ KORG X2 ~ KORG WAVESTATION ~ KORG M50 ~ KORG TRITON EXTREME 76

Past Gear:- KORG M1 ~ KORG X5D ~ KORG TRINITY ~ KORG 01/Wpro ~ KORG X3 ~ KORG N364 ~ KORG TRITON Le ~ KORG TR-Rack ~ KORG TRITON Rack
JohnA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you collected from a nice bloke near Manchester, then yes - he did have a T1 up for sale too. Just a bit too much work for my DIY skills to get back together again which is such a shame. Plus it's far to heavy to stick in the car to get to practice! Gigs? Chance would be a fine thing!

If I get anywhere with my external searches, I'll let you know.

Couple of outstanding jobs on the T2EX though - I need to polish the keys as they had stickers on them (I hate that...) and the previous owner had to be quite aggressive when removing them so they are like very fine sandpaper to the touch which is a little unpleasent. And although the disk drive seems in good shape, the backlight is absolutely hammered and some of the tact switches need replacing, so I may as well do the lot and replace the battery at the same time. That's my weekend gone!
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That PCM data on the factory disk is nothing to long for, really...

Check your PM's.
JohnA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks synthjoe - I realise that factory data is sometimes a little uninspiring, but original stuff is nice to have Smile

PM'd - Thanks!
DCPete

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:
If you collected from a nice bloke near Manchester, then yes - he did have a T1 up for sale too. Just a bit too much work for my DIY skills to get back together again which is such a shame. Plus it's far to heavy to stick in the car to get to practice! Gigs? Chance would be a fine thing!

If I get anywhere with my external searches, I'll let you know.

Couple of outstanding jobs on the T2EX though - I need to polish the keys as they had stickers on them (I hate that...) and the previous owner had to be quite aggressive when removing them so they are like very fine sandpaper to the touch which is a little unpleasent. And although the disk drive seems in good shape, the backlight is absolutely hammered and some of the tact switches need replacing, so I may as well do the lot and replace the battery at the same time. That's my weekend gone!

Indeed it was...needed a little TLC admittedly but's cleaning up very nicely. Ideally I was after the T2ex myself but I'm more than happy with what I got....weighs a ton mind! Wink

Current Gear:- KORG TRINITY V3 ~ KORG 01/Wfd ~ TRITON Classic ~ TRITON Pro X ~ KORG X2 ~ KORG WAVESTATION ~ KORG M50 ~ KORG TRITON EXTREME 76

Past Gear:- KORG M1 ~ KORG X5D ~ KORG TRINITY ~ KORG 01/Wpro ~ KORG X3 ~ KORG N364 ~ KORG TRITON Le ~ KORG TR-Rack ~ KORG TRITON Rack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: