Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AX3000G Gain drops randomly and with pedal use!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vitus DWO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: AX3000G Gain drops randomly and with pedal use! Reply with quote

Hi!

Got a really weird problem with my AX3000G.

A couple of weeks ago I was playing a gig and half way through a song I noticed that I couldn't hear myself. I looked down at the unit and the 'Drive/Amp' button was flashing and the screen showed my gain level at 5.1 instead of 9.1. My first reaction was that my bass player had accidentally knocked the gain knob, but at last week's rehearsal it did it again while I was the only one near it! I switched patch and back again and within a few seconds the Drive?amp button started flashing and the gain on the screen started decreasing. I pushed the expression pedal down from heel to toe and the gain went back up, even though the pedal effect was turned off! It's now doing this on every patch regardless whether I have the expression in use or not! Sad

I know I'm probably going to have to cough up the cash and send it to Korg but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and managed to fix it?

Cheers!
wouterguitarfreak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

hi mate, i have exactly te same problem, does your gain setting also change when you move the expression pedal? and does the left parameter(wich is "gain" for amp) also change randomly when you've selected another effect (e.g. mod)? i tried to re-solder the pot and oiled it, but it didnt work. but when i press it, it functions naturally. it seems like the system is thinking the pot is turned, and when i turn it myself the parameter keeps running up or down a few seconds after i stopped turning. weird.
temporary solution: i've put another pedal on it! i just have my boss ds-1 on top of the knob. works fine. you can also use the key lock function. i'm going to try fiddle with the electronics inside, and propably clean the "eye" of the expression pedal, since that hasn't been working properly either.
i hope i can find a real working solution.
Vitus DWO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: same problem Reply with quote

wouterguitarfreak wrote:
hi mate, i have exactly te same problem, does your gain setting also change when you move the expression pedal? and does the left parameter(wich is "gain" for amp) also change randomly when you've selected another effect (e.g. mod)? i tried to re-solder the pot and oiled it, but it didnt work. but when i press it, it functions naturally. it seems like the system is thinking the pot is turned, and when i turn it myself the parameter keeps running up or down a few seconds after i stopped turning. weird.
temporary solution: i've put another pedal on it! i just have my boss ds-1 on top of the knob. works fine. you can also use the key lock function. i'm going to try fiddle with the electronics inside, and propably clean the "eye" of the expression pedal, since that hasn't been working properly either.
i hope i can find a real working solution.

Yes! Exactly the same problem! I hadn't thought about the key lock I'll have to try it! I used some compressed air to try and clean the pots, expression eye and circuit board but still no use. I wouldn't like to have to give up the expression though as I use it quite a bit! I've found someone selling another one for £60. I was tempted to send it back to Korg but seen as it's way past warranty it might cost that in postage and repairs! Technology eh? Works great...when it works lol!
dixonblacke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!
OMG I'm having the EXACT same problem here, tried using contact cleaners but it wouldnt work, tried to open up but am scared i might damage the components, any idea on how to fix this? or is it really a need to send it to the factory to have a look?
wouterguitarfreak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dixonblacke wrote:
Hey there!
OMG I'm having the EXACT same problem here, tried using contact cleaners but it wouldnt work, tried to open up but am scared i might damage the components, any idea on how to fix this? or is it really a need to send it to the factory to have a look?

I have tried all these things too, and I have no idea what to do to fix it. putting weight on the knob makes it not freak out, so i tried to tape it down a while ago, wich of course got loose.
The best solution imo is to use the key lock function (hold 'EXIT/TUNER') to disable the knob completely. Pretty annoying if you are editing patches or still want to make adjustments..

Any other ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: