Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Behringer FCB1010 Midi Footswitch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laandodeman wrote:
I already use my midi in with a Roland PK5 (directed to one channel on which I programmed a Taurus sound with the AL1).

Is it possible to use the FCB1010 alongside with the PK5, by using a midi through or something like that?

Is it possible to use the FCB1010 to select "program up" and "program down"?

First question: yes, not by MIDI thru, but the FCB1010 has a built in MIDI merger. I use a slave keyboard (Triton Extrem), its MIDI out is going into MIDI in of the FCB. Then the FCB out goes to the Kronos. You could probably even use MIDI Thru to let the FCB1010 also control the Extreme (in your case PK5).

Second question: no, there is only one CC you can assign for either program up or down. Actually Korg should have split this functionality so multiple CCs could be used simultaneously.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MRedZac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laandodeman wrote:
I already use my midi in with a Roland PK5 (directed to one channel on which I programmed a Taurus sound with the AL1).

Is it possible to use the FCB1010 alongside with the PK5, by using a midi through or something like that?

Is it possible to use the FCB1010 to select "program up" and "program down"?

It is possible to select whether up OR down, but not by midi, therefor you have to programm one of the relay switches and connect it by jack cable into kronos footswitch jack... Of course you can use midi through for the general connection, but it will make things even harder to programm...
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
Nightale

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if you guys can help me with some issues I have programming my FCB1010 (with UNO chip 1.0.2.g = 1.0.3)

I am using Ripwerx editor (java one) because FCB editor (http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm) doesn't work for 1.0.2g for correct stompboxes control.

So far, I've managed to sucessfully assign my expression pedal to what I want (cc#7 for volume, cc#16 for ribbon for instance).

Also, I managed to assign stompbox 1 (I used the lower row) to play chord pad 1 (cc#110 ; cc value = 110 velocity). However, I cannot get the stompbox #2 to play chord pad 2 (cc#111; cc value=110 velocity). Same for chord pad 3 to 8... This is definitely not a problem with the switches themselves, because I can assign any of them to cc#110 and they will play pad 1. It seems that the Kronos can't recognize pad 2 through 8 cc commands... Any hints?

Also, this is more of a question than an issue : I've programmed the button 6 (first on the left in the upper row) to control cc#80 (SW1), but I'm really confused in what CC value to give to it. When I enter cc#80-value=0 it does nothing, but when I enter cc#80-value=1 it toggles the SW1. What's the value for on? and what's the value for off (1?) ?

The same question applies to any other CC commands, such as CC#80, 81, 82...

Finally, I just can't figure out what CC # to assign a button for it to change program (program up for instance...)

Many thanks!

Max
Kahnn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: The Behringer FCB1010 Midi Footswitch Reply with quote

MRedZac wrote:

So, for myself, I connected the FCB1010 to the Kronos and it can do the following for me: (For those who wonder why I have programmed some functions to Channel 2: I connected a second keyboard via class compliant USB directly to the Kronos and set it up with Midi Channel 2)

I'm sorry, it's off the subject, but I really am surprised about that 2nd keyboard <=> USB thing.
So, you have connected your 2nd keyboard to Kronos via USB instead of standard midi in/out ports??? Is it doable? Does it work?
If it does work, does the 2nd keyboard get both power and midi signals directly from your Kronos?

Is this possible on, say, Triton Extreme, or Motif ES7?

Best,
Kahnn
MRedZac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Behringer FCB1010 Midi Footswitch Reply with quote

Kahnn wrote:
MRedZac wrote:

So, for myself, I connected the FCB1010 to the Kronos and it can do the following for me: (For those who wonder why I have programmed some functions to Channel 2: I connected a second keyboard via class compliant USB directly to the Kronos and set it up with Midi Channel 2)

I'm sorry, it's off the subject, but I really am surprised about that 2nd keyboard <=> USB thing.
So, you have connected your 2nd keyboard to Kronos via USB instead of standard midi in/out ports??? Is it doable? Does it work?
If it does work, does the 2nd keyboard get both power and midi signals directly from your Kronos?

Is this possible on, say, Triton Extreme, or Motif ES7?

Best,
Kahnn

Yes and no. It has to be a special masterkeyboard, like the CME UF70 for example. These can be connected and yes, they are bus powered by the Kronos, but I think there is no possibility to do this with Triton or Motif... (You have to try and theres even a thread about comatible harware within the sticking threads here on the forum)
In fact this is not about recieving midi from Kronos, but sending midi to Kronos to play it with different sounds on different midi channels, mostly in combi mode, from a second or even third keyboard. Up to I think 7 usb devices is possible.

Cheers

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

Kahnn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, MRedZac. I'll look for that thread.

In case someone knows what thread that is and its whereabouts, PM me , pls.
MRedZac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahnn wrote:
Thanks a lot, MRedZac. I'll look for that thread.

In case someone knows what thread that is and its whereabouts, PM me , pls.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72768

Kahnn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless you, MRedZac. Smile
Nightale

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone had any advice for my post ? (maybe I should have done this in a separate post)

Nightale wrote:
I'm wondering if you guys can help me with some issues I have programming my FCB1010 (with UNO chip 1.0.2.g = 1.0.3)

I am using Ripwerx editor (java one) because FCB editor (http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm) doesn't work for 1.0.2g for correct stompboxes control.

So far, I've managed to sucessfully assign my expression pedal to what I want (cc#7 for volume, cc#16 for ribbon for instance).

Also, I managed to assign stompbox 1 (I used the lower row) to play chord pad 1 (cc#110 ; cc value = 110 velocity). However, I cannot get the stompbox #2 to play chord pad 2 (cc#111; cc value=110 velocity). Same for chord pad 3 to 8... This is definitely not a problem with the switches themselves, because I can assign any of them to cc#110 and they will play pad 1. It seems that the Kronos can't recognize pad 2 through 8 cc commands... Any hints?

Also, this is more of a question than an issue : I've programmed the button 6 (first on the left in the upper row) to control cc#80 (SW1), but I'm really confused in what CC value to give to it. When I enter cc#80-value=0 it does nothing, but when I enter cc#80-value=1 it toggles the SW1. What's the value for on? and what's the value for off (1?) ?

The same question applies to any other CC commands, such as CC#80, 81, 82...

Finally, I just can't figure out what CC # to assign a button for it to change program (program up for instance...)

Many thanks!

Max
Synthmandan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: The Behringer FCB1010 Midi Footswitch Reply with quote

MRedZac wrote:
Hey Guys,

since so many usefull information about connecting the Behringer FCB1010 Midi Footswitch is scattered to the four winds, I would like to open a general thread about it here.

1: Rotary on/off for CH 1
2: Rotary on/off for CH 2
3: Sustenuto for CH 1 and 2
4: Sustain for CH 1
5: Sustain for CH 2
6: Modulation Switch 1 on the Kronos on/off
7: Modulation Switch 2 on the Kronos on/off
8: Soft Pedal for CH 1 and 2
9: External Switch 1 control*
10: External Switch 2 control*
Expression Pedal A: Volume CH 1
Expression Pedal B: Volume CH 2

*External Switch control:
On the backside of the FCB1010 you find 2 jack connectors named Switch 1 and Switch 2. They are NOT connectors for additional pedals to be connected to the FCB1010, but they are able to connect to the programable pedal inputs 1 and 2 on the Kronos via jack-jack Cable, mono or stereo doesn´t matter.
A small relay in the FCB1010 is able to "translate" a push of a button on the FCB1010 to a physical pedal command through the outputs on the backside, directly into the Kronos pedal connectors... Like this you can programm on Kronos in Global Mode, that for example for pedal 1 you will move 1 programm up and so this command can be triggered from the FCB1010 as well (since just by Midi CC´s usually this would not be possible)

After all, you can control almost every parameter switch, data input slider, ribbon, joystick, etc. by the FCB1010 with Midi CC´s. You´ll find all the assignable parameters in the parameter guide, starting from page 1099 (Overview on page 1118-1120), linked below.

For example: You want to have ONE damper pedal on two different midi channels: You can do this with the FCB1010 by programming 2 times CC#64 been send out by the push of a button on it, to 2 different midi channels... Fantastic, isn´t it ?

But more than this: For each of the switches on FCB1010 you can programm up to 5 Programm changes, 2 Midi CC´s and a note send message, all on the same or on different midi channels, besides the two expression pedals, which can have completely different setups within each programm on FCB1010 as well - Multiplied by 10 programms, makes all in total 100 programmable switches with 8 different possible functions each... So, it´s a really powerful and flexible tool to work with...

There´s a modified Firmware out on the market, called UNO. It gives you some additional functionality like the so called stomp box mode, but is also able to make you decide about if a switch on the FCB1010 is in latch or momentary mode, for example. Momentary mode means, that a command is only send out from the FCB1010 as long as you push the switch, while latch mode enables a command to be send as long until you tap the same switch again... The price for this Uno-Upgrade (containing another EProm + Firmware) is not even 20$, including the shipping already.

The FCB1010 can be edited by a computer based editor (Versions for Windows and MacOS are available), so the setup is not as difficult as it seems to be...

Another, but minor, advantage is, that you have all your pedal controls centralized in one place - I just remember back the times, where I had a separate pedal for everything, which I was always searching for on the floor with feet, since they are somehow "just moving around" everywhere... Because of the stable metal enclosure of the FCB1010 it is always staying on its place and the search for your pedals with feet comes to an end...

Here are useful links:

Kronos Parameter Guide:
https://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/KRONOS_Param_Guide_E4_634582418757670000.pdf

Uno Firmware/EProm:
http://www.ossandust.be/

My favourite Editor for Windows:
http://www.mtnsys.com/?path=faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm%3f

My favourite Editor for MacOS:
The same as the one for Windows, but to be run in an emulator on MacOS

Hope this information helps to some of you, guys, and that you´ll post your experiences and tricks as well here in this thread !

Cheers
Garfield

There IS a perfectly good and working editor for the FCB1010 with or without the UNO chip for Mac OS X here: http://www.lg-fcb.com/lgfcb_software.php
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - sorry to revive such an old thread, but I've been trying to program an FCB1010 for a bit and I am having a tough time. I'm using the Windows editor listed in the Original post. I have the UnO firmware (bought the chip from a seller on Amazon), but the editor says "UnO Unknown version." Is that a problem? Stompbox stuff is grayed out in the editor.

Anyway, I think I have my head partially wrapped around this thing, except for how to change the switches to momentary from latch. I'm at a loss as to how to do that. I'm also confused as to how set a switch to transmit on a specific channel.

I'm basically looking to mimic what the OP has - a couple of sustain pedals (for different boards on different midi channels), expression pedals, Program+, and maybe the ability to trigger a couple chord pads.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
FrankWahl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: The Behringer FCB1010 Midi Footswitch Reply with quote

Hello everybody in this fantastic forum,

I have already watched some videos and read some articles in this forum but couldn't find the right answer.

I bought a Behringer FCB-1010 with Uno-Chip and the Uno-Editor.
I connected the Behringer via one MIDI-cable to the Kronos.

What I programmed, was:
• Stompbox mode in the lower row
• 1 pedal (momentary switch) for sustain (CC #64)
• 1 pedal (momentary switch) for Modulation 1 to switch the rotary effect e.g. (CC #01)
• 1 expression pedal for volume (CC #07)
• 1 expression pedal for expression (CC #11)

Each pedal for itself works fine. So far, so good. BUT:
When I hold down the pedal for sustain and then the pedal for modulation (while holding down the sustain pedal), the sustain interrupts immediately.
I want to use the pedals simultaneously as I do on the Kronos when I use a damper pedal and the joystick e.g.

Is it possible to use two pedals simultaneously?
How do I have to programm that?
Do I have to use the switch plus MIDI instead of only one MIDI-cable?

Thanks a lot
Frank

p.s. By the way: My ESI Midimate doesn’t work with the Behringer, my M-Audio Midisport 2x2 does.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only guessing, but maybe try changing the MIDI Running Status?

I have an FCB with Uno chip controlling my Kronos, but I only use the FCB to play MIDI notes. I trigger the Kronos pads remotely.

The FCB is super flexible and probably can do what you imagine, as long as it falls within the MIDI spec.

HTH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: