Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Krome Promotions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
uniformedservices1969

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: No Krome Promotions Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by uniformedservices1969 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the exception of some acoustic pianos, electric pianos and drums, it's an M50...there are plenty of M50 videos.
uniformedservices1969

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by uniformedservices1969 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uniformedservices1969 wrote:
BillW wrote:
With the exception of some acoustic pianos, electric pianos and drums, it's an M50...there are plenty of M50 videos.

Going by you're signature,it seems that you've never owned an M50...are you certain that the Krome is identical to the M50 in the synth category?

I had the M50,so checking out the M50 videos on YouTube is of no use to me.

No, it is of USE, they are identical Synths except the Piano and whatever else there was.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uniformedservices1969 wrote:
BillW wrote:

Going by you're signature,it seems that you've never owned an M50...are you certain that the Krome is identical to the M50 in the synth category?

I had the M50,so checking out the M50 videos on YouTube is of no use to me.

My signature only has what I currently own. I have owned two M3s and two M50s. If you've had the M50, then you know what to expect with the Krome for the most part. It looks like there are some additional things in the wave ROM and probably some new programs, but it is not drastically different unless you are talking about pianos and drums.
uniformedservices1969

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

uniformedservices1969

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by uniformedservices1969 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big picture?

I think the Krome was never intended for the US. IMO it was purely aimed at the European market.

It seems to me that Korg took the one or two best features of the Kronos (which was intended for US distributon) - those being the piano mega-sample and the ambient drum kits and stuck them on a proven platform (m50).

With the financial troubles in the E.U. pretty much across the board I can't imagine many people were willing to shell out their euro's for Kronos or Kronos-X at 150% of US prices. There was much hoo-rah about Kronos at Musikmesse and just as much righteous indignation at the difference between Euro vs. Dollar pricing. Add to that the apparent build quality and keybed issues with the Kronos and that would make the "game-changer" a non-starter in Europe.

Enter Krome, at half the price ([ed.] of Kronos) and more than all the capability of the M50... call it an M50++ or a Kronos Lite, it looks to be a good next step and a way to get those who've been sitting on their euros to pull the trigger and buy a new 'board.

Korg still hopes to recover from the R3 keybed crisis - I, personally, am hoping for a Kronos module made from the recalled stuff. I'm way more likely to get that than the new Roland module (which appears to be an attempt by Roland to salvage the underwhelming sales of their last mega-keyboard).

That we're seeing it at all in the US is an indication of how badly the Kronos has disappointed it's purchasers here.

Korg needs a solid hit with a new release, and hopefully Krome will provide just that. If it works it may give Korg time to rethink the Kronos line and take two steps forward after the giant steps back that the tsunami/quake the euro-crisis and the QA/QC problems have hit them with.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...

Last edited by billbaker on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ajbbklyn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the pianos, EPs and drums, the Krome benefits from the M3 Xpanded sequencer - a sore point for those who rightfully feel that this feature should have been implemented in the Kronos.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The krome also is marketed as having new effects patches which may or may not also be utilized int synth patches ect. Looks like all we have here is speculation thus far about it being identical to an M50. I am quite sure you will be seeing user uploads to youtube in the upcoming weeks showing off it's capabilities. Wink
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still i am not sure that m50 and krome are the same for sound different that grands and ep....the difference in GB is quite huge even subtracting grand and ep samples size

http://rsto.bandcamp.com/album/constellation - Free download of "Constellation"
http://www.youtube.com/user/RedShiftingTheOceans
http://soundcloud.com/kimuz
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ kimu,

That GB count also includes 2 biggish drum kits from kronos (one jazz kit and one studio rock kit) that have better/longer samples as well.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB, thanks for the info!

http://rsto.bandcamp.com/album/constellation - Free download of "Constellation"
http://www.youtube.com/user/RedShiftingTheOceans
http://soundcloud.com/kimuz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: