Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you move your Kronos 88 by yourself?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRedZac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a dumb question... Rolling Eyes
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
Jakker27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved it once and once was enough. Embarassed
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I have roadies for.

I don't usually go the venue on the same day as a security precaution. Fans are always blocking the stage door, so it's easier to arrive right before the gig.

Sometimes I do give autographs after the show though, at my publicist's direction.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do work out sometimes, so i lift my kronos (88 keys) by myself.. i never trust someone else to hold "my baby" Twisted Evil

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha PSR s910, Korg C720, Yamaha DTX 520, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, a pair of Yamaha HS80 in (soon not to be) an unproperly treated room..
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guruteo wrote:
When I move it I hold it around the middle, with one hand on the front and the other on the back, grabbing it by both ends is quite difficult indeed.

That's exactly how I move my lighter 88-key keyboards from stand (or desk) to case and vice versa.

If the Kronos (88-key) is on a keyboard stand, I disconnect all cables and then put my arms underneath the keyboard and lift... the keyboard then rests on my arms whilst I carry it to its case. I try to do the same from case to stand, but its usually easier to use the same method you described.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though mine's only a 73, that's exactly how I put mine on the stand. I would never try to lift it any other way. My 88 key triton was moved that way too.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:
I also have mine dropped by helicopter, but I stopped using hot college girls, their wet tee-shirts being a hazard around the Kronos. I now call on the services of Angel roadies from Victoria's Secret. It's incredible to see how those hours spent in the gym have given them strength. Those girls can lift!

Having these Victoria's Secret girls is actually a good way to have guys around who will help you carry your stuff...

Blink
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but sometimes my Kronos 61 moves me. Very Happy

But having moved around the Kronos 88 and few other 88's: It Takes Two, Babe.

You either going to hurt yourself or the keyboard, eventually, and based the laws of Murphy, it's going to happen right before the great gig in the sky, so carry a spare keyboard, (i.e. with only 61 keys) or get you bandmates, friends, roadies, wife, or even a stranger to help out.

It's not that it is too heavy, brother, it's just too ackward. Shocked
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
It's not that it is too heavy, brother, it's just too ackward. Shocked

That's what I felt too. Often I picked up my keyboards right in the middle. Hand wrapped around the backside. I didn't want to do that with the K88 due to the display right there. It always seemed awkward to move by myself. Definitely don't want to scratch it putting it on the keyboard stand. And didn't want to damage it or myself.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually have my right hand holding one end/corner and my left arm under the middle somewhere. Seemed the most logical way to me? I'm pretty tall, maybe that makes a difference?
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compared to the oasys 88 - its quite portable Laughing

JOHN 3:16
Spacenorman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I move my keyboards (a Kronos 88 and a Yamaha CP300) by myself 2-3 times each week. My transport vehicle is a Ford Econoline van and my keys travel in hardshell cases. In my case - the vast majority it's typically a very short walk from the van to where my keyboards need to get to. These days - I typically set up my rack, my keyboard stand and my powered speakers ... leaving the placement of the keyboard themselves for last. Then I uncase the keyboard at the van - essentially tucking the keyboard under my arm - with my left hand "hooked" under the center of the keyboard and my right hand guiding the end - and walk the keyboard from the van to the keyboard stand. I take 'em out the same way. I've been moving my keys in this manner for more than 10 years. Over the years this has included a P200 (an earlier version of a CP300), a Yamaha S08, a Roland RD700SX and of course the Kronos 88 and CP300 that I currently use.

If there's somebody available to help - I simply ask that they open doors so that I can step through doors without having to take my "guide hand" (the right hand) off my keyboard to deal with the door.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: