Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pitchblack - The BEST Guitar tuner!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pwoznic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Korg Pitchblack - The BEST Guitar tuner! Reply with quote

Just giving my props to the best stage tuner I've ever used!
Boddumblues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Adaptor ? Reply with quote

Hi !

I read the manual on the Pitchblack to find out which adaptor to use,
the manual states no model, but mentions that it must be a 600ma version.
This strikes me as odd, as it only uses like 30ma.
The DT-10 is the same (43ma).
The KA 183 is recommended for both models on the website
(500-1200ma).
Why this exessive supply ?
Even the Danish distributor recommends any suitable 9v adaptor,
more like 200ma.

Can anyone answers this ?

I do want to use an appropriate adaptor and not violate my warranty !
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Pitchblack - The BEST Guitar tuner! Reply with quote

pwoznic wrote:
Just giving my props to the best stage tuner I've ever used!

Good to hear. I want to check one out too, because it's look well built and is more accurate than the CA30/GA40 and those other tuners.

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Adaptor ? Reply with quote

Boddumblues wrote:
Hi !

I read the manual on the Pitchblack to find out which adaptor to use,
the manual states no model, but mentions that it must be a 600ma version.
This strikes me as odd, as it only uses like 30ma.

Could that because of this feature :

Quote:
A 9 VDC output jack is provided for cascading the power supply to other pedals.

?

Maybe they are allowing for the fact that you're going to power other stomps off of the PitchBlack ?

Oh and welcome to the forum ! Smile

Daz.
s2bs2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one, and I love it too, It's easy to see, I love the different tuning modes, I love the narrow footprint on the pedalboard, there's just one thing:
it makes an audible 'click' in the signal when switched on or off.
Does anyone else have this problem?
timgibbs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: pitchblack+ Reply with quote

just got my new pitchblack plus tuner & really like the tuning features but i put it in my pedal board at the beginning of the chain & even though the bypass seems to be working, i hear a hum come thru the amp only when i play a string. as soon as the string fades the hum stops until i play again. no noise switching on or off the tuner but only playing a string during tuning. has anyone had the same problem?
lonewolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this tuner for christmas, love how easy it is to use. One question though. I have tried to leave the switch on with the guitar plugged in and after a short while, around 3-5 minutes, it shuts off and the guitar signal is passing through. I was trying to use it to silence the bass as I was putting it on a stand and then be able to pick it up again. (trying to keep it silent without using the volume knob during church service). It is running on battery only.

Thanks.
WrshpLdr_NJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonewolf wrote:
Got this tuner for christmas, love how easy it is to use. One question though. I have tried to leave the switch on with the guitar plugged in and after a short while, around 3-5 minutes, it shuts off and the guitar signal is passing through. I was trying to use it to silence the bass as I was putting it on a stand and then be able to pick it up again. (trying to keep it silent without using the volume knob during church service). It is running on battery only.

Thanks.

MY guess that it coming out of tuning while run on battery is a power saving mode. Try with an adapter and see if it does the same thing, my guess it it will stay in tuning mode. I have the PB Plus that I run on a power adapter and use it to stop sound at my church as well and it never pops out of that mode. When I use a volume pedal I use the tuner out and use the pedal to stop signal but leave the tuner on so I can always check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: