Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pitchblack Tuner - Tracking getting less sensitive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spuddle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Korg Pitchblack Tuner - Tracking getting less sensitive? Reply with quote

This is baffling me.
I love my pitchblack tuner and have had it on my board since I got it new 10 months ago from Musiciansfriend.com however just recently the tuner has seemed to lose it's sensitivity. If I strike a string, it doesn't register on the tuner for a good 3 or 4 seconds, sometimes not at all.

I was so unnerved by this that I ran out to buy another tuner and I set them up in parallel with a split signal. The result showed that the new tuner was functioning correctly, actually I could play single licks at a moderate speed and it would read every note back at me, very fast tracking indeed.
However in the same instance, the old tuner was not giving me a reading at all until I held a single note for a few seconds.

I have tried lots of troubleshooting including running both off batteries and both from power supplies (pedal power 2), I would swap the battery over or the power jack from one to the other which eliminated the power being the cause. I also tried different cables and swapped the locations of the pedals which also showed that there was nothing wrong with the signal flow.

My only conclusion is that my old tuner has gone bad after just 10 months? A little disconcerting guys!

What should I do?
ebassotti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the warranty documentation. In some countries your tuner may be covered by a 3 years' warranty, in which case you should either contact your dealer, or Korg's Customer Support directly.
WrshpLdr_NJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me ask another question about operation. Do you run the tuner in the main signal path turning it on and off or do you run it off a volume pedal tuner out and leave it on the whole time? If it's the later I wonder if that is part of the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: