Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA600 - STS are they lockable ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbalaa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: PA600 - STS are they lockable ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone with a pa600 can tell me if the STS buttons now have a lockable setting ? Meaning that they will never change even if changing styles ...

Thanks in advance.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't think they can be locked.
Like you, I wondered this a few years ago with my PA500 and also with my PA800 this is not possible.
I guess it hasn't been changed in PA600 (PA3X?).

Would be great if this was possible and doesn't seem so hard to program in the OS.
Now you have to program them with the style or in your songbook.

Another workaround is to save them as performances in one bank (make sure your "style change led" is off); you can then have 8 "STS's" within your reach in one touch.
Works pretty well IMO.
Cool

Play in style. Wink

Last edited by Fransman on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
rbalaa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are right ... I remember you can do that with pa800. Thanks ! But yes curious to why not Korg can just add it to the OS ...
capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: PA600 - STS are they lockable ? Reply with quote

rbalaa wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone with a pa600 can tell me if the STS buttons now have a lockable setting ? Meaning that they will never change even if changing styles ...

Thanks in advance.

Hi rbalaa,

I am not quite sure if it it works with the Pa 600.
But normally ( I`ve got the Pa 3x Musikant ) it should work this way:

Idea Choose your STS and then switch off the "STS-Modus" button.
After you have done this, you can change your styles and keep at the same time your favorite Single Touch Setting for whatever style you want to play.

I hope this will help you to have a good time with your Pa 600 !

Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRJAfQ0lhJo
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: PA600 - STS are they lockable ? Reply with quote

capricorn wrote:

After you have done this, you can change your styles and keep at the same time your favorite Single Touch Setting for whatever style you want to play.

You're right, but this works only for 1 STS, not for all 4 STS's. They change with the style (and can't be locked).

Play in style. Wink
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: PA600 - STS are they lockable ? Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
capricorn wrote:

You're right, but this works only for 1 STS, not for all 4 STS's. They change with the style (and can't be locked).

Sounds like a bug to me. When the STS Mode LED is off all STS channels should be locked. At least they are on my PA500.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
rbalaa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: PA600 - STS are they lockable ? Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
Fransman wrote:
capricorn wrote:

Sounds like a bug to me. When the STS Mode LED is off all STS channels should be locked. At least they are on my PA500.

Even when switching between styles on your pa500 ?
capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: PA600 - STS are they lockable ? Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
When the STS Mode LED is off all STS channels should be locked. At least they are on my PA500.

Of course, they are locked ! It is not a bug.

I think there is some misunderstanding. I should have benn writing:

Idea Choose your favorized Performance and then switch off the "STS-Modus" button.
After you have done this, you can change your styles and keep at the same time your favorite Performance for whatever style you want to play.

Sorry, it was my mistake Sad
Fransman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: PA600 - STS are they lockable ? Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:

Not with my PA800. When I change a style, all 4 STS's change, even when the STS mode LED is off.
The only thing not changing is the current active (1) STS; that is soundwise. In the screen the STS1 also changes, but it's not activated until you press it.

With my PA500 this was the same as far as I can remember.

I don't think that's a bug, but programmed OS-behaviour.

Play in style. Wink
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: PA600 - STS are they lockable ? Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:

Not with my PA800. When I change a style, all 4 STS's change, even when the STS mode LED is off.
The only thing not changing is the current active (1) STS; that is soundwise. In the screen the STS1 also changes, but it's not activated until you press it.

With my PA500 this was the same as far as I can remember.

I don't think that's a bug, but programmed OS-behaviour.

You're right Fransman. That's how it is working on my PA500 too. I couldn't respond right away as my PA500 was on loan. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: