Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi files on Korg Krome

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Midi files on Korg Krome Reply with quote

Hi every body!
My first time here. I just want to know if there is simple way to play back midi files on the Krome. You know, just load a midi file in the sequencer and push play and... it works with the right sounds like on any midi player.
This is possible on M3 by using a combi called GM. Is there something similar for Krome ? (See : "Configuring the M3 to play General MIDI files - Karma Lab")

Thanks a lot.
Best regards
Cheo.
bowie1971

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
just select GM combinason like on a M3. Work well.
Cheo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer,

There's no GM combi on M3. You have to build it or install it . But you said there's one like that on Krome. Could you tell me in wich bank ? Thanks a lot.
Best regards
bowie1971

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bank G contains GM sets....
Cheo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but bank G is a program Bank. This is not a combi bank.
Thanks.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sequence is composed of programs and not combi's, this is why you need a program group of general midi sounds.
I do not own a krome but with my other korg workstations, if I want to play midi files I load them and then do a gm initialization from the drop down menu and it works.
I wish you luck .
satya_music

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Drum tracks Reply with quote

csteen wrote:
A sequence is composed of programs and not combi's, this is why you need a program group of general midi sounds.
I do not own a krome but with my other korg workstations, if I want to play midi files I load them and then do a gm initialization from the drop down menu and it works.
I wish you luck .

Dear Sirs,

Since yamaha midi files do not have the pcg, so while Gm initialization the drum channels/tracks are not playing same as yamaha. Is any easy way to change the drum channels/tracks in the krome.

B/regards,
Satya

Current gears: Korg PA700, Korg TR 61, Korg PA600, AKAI MPC 1000, M-AUDIO Mtrack Plus, Audio-Technica AT2020, Casio CTK5000, Nikon D5500 and Sony PJ410.

Previous gears: Korg Krome, Korg o1wFD, Yamaha PSR-S970, Yamaha PSR-S900, Yamaha PSR 2000, Yamaha PSR 520.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KromeItaly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Midi files on Korg Krome Reply with quote

Cheo wrote:
Hi every body!
My first time here. I just want to know if there is simple way to play back midi files on the Krome. You know, just load a midi file in the sequencer and push play and... it works with the right sounds like on any midi player.
This is possible on M3 by using a combi called GM.

Hello to all. (Sorry for my english)
I tried to manage with FL Studio Midi files via USB in this way.
Step by step.
1) Turn on Krome and set in Seq mode
2) Set Krome menu TouchView GM initialize.
3) On the PC, after you have successfully uploaded the usb drivers and have set FL Options Setting Midi, Sound Krome 1.
4) Load a midi file of FL Studio, you will notice that it will sound fine, but not with the beautiful sounds of Krome.
5) For all traces of FL Studio midi file, you must perform a Replace, Midi Out, at this point you're done, you have the melody and choose the desired tool.
6) For example, to select the Grand Piano sound Krome, you must set the track on FL Studio Midi Out, Bank 0 - Patch 1, do not change port.
7) Well, you know how they work desks, proceed with the rest of the tracks from step 5 to step 6.

I hope to be of help.
Best regards to all.
Andrea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: