Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lazy Key Syndome???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zozoe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Lazy Key Syndome??? Reply with quote

i think all my 88 keys were solid on my T1, espec. since i gently cleaned them all down, BUT after easily changing the battery & putting it back together, i noticed my middle C was coming back up only about 70% back up, and I wanted to know what can be done about it. I'm kinda handy, if that helps.

thanks,,kenny
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi zozoe, all you did was replacing the battery? Did you disassemble any keys to clear or anything like that?
I seems that that key spring may have moved out of place, have you tried to remove the keybed to check it? I heve more experience with servicing the 61 keybeds, but i've also serviced some stage piano's aswell and the kebed must be similar. I think it's relatively easy to take the keybed out to check the spring
zozoe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Lazy Key Syndome??? Reply with quote

all i did was change the battery & blow away a little dustball or two. This was my 1st DIY with either this or my old T3, which 'she' go,,,so I was quiet gentle as to not disturb anything. what is the keybed? below the keys, all I could see was HEAVY foil the length of the 88 keys.

many thanks,,,kenny
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it's probably just the key spring that got out of place when you moved the keyboard. The keybed is the structure on witch the keys are mounted on. To check if the key spring is out of place you just have to remove the keybeb from the synth and check that key's spring, it should be a little metal stripe place under the keys. If you have no experience with this you can try and find more info on the net on disassembling this board.
You can also look for info about the 01/W ProX, is has the same keybed.

If you can post some pictures, i'll try to help out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: