Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TR Rack Blinking Program Number

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geebake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: TR Rack Blinking Program Number Reply with quote

I'm recently sold a TR Rack and when I delivered it to the buyer, we turned it on to make sure all was well. It operates perfectly except the program number is blinking constantly. We did a factory reset, reloaded all the banks and it still blinks. It may have always been blinking and I didn't notice. The buyer told me he had one in the past and it did not blink. I can't find any information about this. For all I know, it should be blinking. Like I said, I never noticed one way or the other. It seems to operate just fine.

Does any one know what might cause this? Or is this expected behavior?

Thank you,

Greg
Spacecowboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine doesnt blink. are talking about the whole patch name blinks? its more than a number.

Last edited by Spacecowboy on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine doesn't blink, either.

However, something similar happens when you have the DI-TRI option installed, the system clock set to 'Word Clock' and there's no valid clock input on the BNC terminal.

Do you have the DR-TRI option installed, perhaps?
SoundWerx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across this, thought I would answer it. You will see that behaviour on a TR with SYS firmware 1.0. The latest firmware is v1.0.4 and the only place I know where you can still get that online is here:

http://www.korg.it/ita/SYS/trrsys.htm

Don't bother with the one under 'Windows' as it is corrupt. Weirdly the OS update under 'Macintosh' is actually Windows as well and isn't corrupt. It's a simple case of:

1) extract the OS update files to a bootable DOS USB stick (use Rufus for making this).
2) boot your computer off the prep'ed USB stick
3) connect the AG-001 data cable from your computers COM port to the TR (I made my own cable, schematics are available online)
4) power on the TR rack using the .TXT instructions provided with the update
5) execute the updater batch file

Job done.

I have 3 TR racks and have updated them all this way without issue. I've bought and sold several TR racks but I've only seen the blinking patch number on OS 1.0 firmwares.

You can see your current version number by hold down 'EDIT' and '>' while turning your TR rack on.
Adrenalin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This is my first post to this forum.

I would like to ask if someone could provide me with the latest 1.0.4 firmware for TR Rack. The link above does not seem to work any longer.

I just bought the rack and I have the same blinking program number problem (using firmware 1.0.0), so I would like to solve the issue with the update.

Thanks a lot!

Arpad
sunmachine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post as well... Wink

Thanks to the web archive, the files are still available from here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20080619232348/http://www.korg.it/ita/SYS/trrsys.htm

Thanks a lot to SoundWerx for posting the original link and the detailed description!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: