Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waw to Midi Converter Program Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac38

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Waw to Midi Converter Program Needed Reply with quote

Well as the Subject line said I need a good software to use to convert Waw files into Midi...?

I thought that Korg AudioGate should fix it but it only convert Waw to Mp3 and I need to edit my files in my Pa600, so I need them to be Midi files instead. (Pa600 can read Mp3 but not make any changes and then save it..

Hope anyone can help me...

Regards
Jacob
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a nice slice of cake in my fridge. Is there some software to convert the cake back into the original printed recipe and ingredients to get the flour, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, baking powder, salt, and milk out from it, each separately? That doesn't sound like a very easy job, does it?

That's basically what you're asking in order to "convert" an audio file of music into midi. Midi is not audio. Midi has no sound. Midi is the electronic version of a musical score and instructions to control the performance.

Midi is like a recipe. A recipe isn't food, and recipes have no flavor (besides the paper they may be printed on). Recipes are the list of ingredients and the instructions for a cook to follow to hopefully end up with the intended result. Midi must be played/performed with specific instruments that each have their own sound, with the result mixed together to become audio music. It's not so easy to get the musical score out of a recorded musical performance.

That said, it IS possible to extract some of the musical note information from audio files, but this depends on the complexity of the music and the analytical ability and capability of the person doing the job and of the tools used to attempt to isolate the individual elements that are mixed together. Celemony Melodyne Studio is software that does this, but you'll probably be shocked at the price.
jac38

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
I have a nice slice of cake in my fridge. Is there some software to convert the cake back into the original printed recipe and ingredients to get the flour, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, baking powder, salt, and milk out from it, each separately? That doesn't sound like a very easy job, does it?

That's basically what you're asking in order to "convert" an audio file of music into midi. Midi is not audio. Midi has no sound. Midi is the electronic version of a musical score and instructions to control the performance.

Thank you for explaining this for me in a easy understod way!!

Okey, let's se if you have any tips about the whole problem or if I'm stuck with what I got...

I have some short female voices melodys wich I maybe can use as part of a pad, in a loop or parts of it, in a new song. If I convert them into Mp3 the quality got realy bad but worse I can't edit it at all. When reading the Manual for the Pa600 it can read these types:

Extension File/folder type
SET All the User data. (This is a folder containing other folders)
BKP Backup file, created with the “Full Resources Backup”
function of the Media > Utility page
PKG Operating System and Musical Resource files
GBL Global Setup
QTP Quarter Tone Scale Presets
MPR MIDI Presets
AUD Limiter and Master EQ Presets
PRF Performance
PCG Sound (Korg Pa-Series)
STY Style
PAD Pad
SBD SongBook
SBL SongBook’s Custom List
JBX Jukebox
MID Standard MIDI File, SMF
MP3 MP3 file
TXT Plain text file
Extension File type
KAR Karaoke file
CDG CD+Graphics file

Is any of this something I can use better then as a Mp3? You don't have to explain it all, but just tell me if there is one and I can seach the rest myself (or at least try)...

Regards
Jacob
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To convert wav to midi you can use Melodyne Editor: http://www.celemony.com/cms/

Also the new Ableton Live 9 has this functionality.

There are limits to what they can do though, Melodyne is the best of the two, you can download a demo and give it a go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: