Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio wave editing issue. Help requested. *Solved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaggeddoctrine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Audio wave editing issue. Help requested. *Solved Reply with quote

Hi, I have a pocket recorder and I recorded an even this weekend with it. Here is a pic of the wave file. As you will see, the wave is not centered around "zero" -- is there a tool to fix this?

when the volume is all the way down, it should be at the blue INF line representing 0..but the whole wave is centered off of this line. Am not sure how to fix, or if there is a tool made to fix something like this. Help Smile

Thanks in advance.
Gary

Last edited by jaggeddoctrine on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download Audacity for free, which is a powerful audio editor. I'm not sure that I would trust the audio viewer that you're using, since it doesn't seem to label the Y axis properly, with positive values above the center point and negative below it. I would bet that the signals are centered at the value of 0 and it's only the graph axis that's labelled in a confusing way. In any case, I don't trust what it shows, so I wouldn't attempt to do anything to the wave file until seeing it in Audacity or another editor. Audacity can easily normalize the signal values in various ways.
jaggeddoctrine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Sony Audio Forge. I only have a probem when using this recording device.
It doesn't matter what I use to open the file, it's still the same.
Here it is in Adobe Audition CS6

xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Audacity can easily remove any DC offset in the signal, so I'd expect that Audio Forge can do the same somehow. I don't use Audio Forge, so I can't help with the software. The normalizer in Audacity will automatically remove any DC offset.

What model of pocket recorder is it?
jaggeddoctrine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Alesis Video Track. Not sure if my model is defective, or if the device has the issue.
jaggeddoctrine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah..DC offset.. never realized what this was.. Did not have a problem with this prior to this device. I was able to fix it in Audition. Thanks for the help!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it fixed! Sounds like a defective product design. It shouldn't have a DC offset in the audio, obviously. The differences between the right and left channels are also strange.
jaggeddoctrine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the right channel has always been lower. I am sure that is a defect as well.. I got the device really cheap and it records decently enough to record live shows. I'll eventually replace it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: