Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 Problems - Defects or normal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KJandKT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: 2 Problems - Defects or normal? Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I just recently bought the Pa-600 and am experiencing 2 problems. Can anyone tell me if they think these are defects or normal for this board?

When I first got the keyboard I was using mainly the speakers so didn't hear the first of these two problems.

First, there is a noise coming from the headphone output. It is
similar to the high-pitched low whine you might get with unbalanced cables and is very noticeable with closed-back headphones on. The noise is continuous regardless if the master volume is turned all the way down or up. I tested it and the noise does not come from the main outs so it sounds like a headphone amp issue.

Second, when you load things into user styles (like some of the converted ones from the PA1 and 2 and such), and try to play some of
them, a feedback-type noise occurs. This continues and eventually dies down within a couple of minutes but it remains regardless of whether or not you switch the mode or patches (styles, sounds, etc.)

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks and God bless!
NoteBender

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used the headphone output, but tried it after reading your post and I have no unwanted noise present in the headphones.
Frans N

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't hear these noises on my PA600. I use the Sennheiser EH2270 headphone.
KJandKT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys...I appreciate you listening. It turned out to be a defect and I will be getting a new keyboard.

Have a great night!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJandKT
Do not easily give up ...
Carry your Pa600 to another room with better grounding net power supply , cause this seem to be your primary issue !
I always say and I will one more time ... do not load net rubbish !!! , this arranger is sensitive !
This feedback-type noise that fades out is a false release or abnormal property settings of a custom sound !
So when converting an already faulty sound problem is multiplied !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
etnoalbanian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Korg pa600qt Reply with quote

Hello,

I wish to say something about the "second" problem. At the "Global" - "Audio&Eq" - "Limiter" - Limiter Preset", see "03 Hard Mastering" because for some "Set" folders you can hear a "strange" noise.

Best wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: