Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Zero8 digital recording level issues & ?'s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvelop

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Korg Zero8 digital recording level issues & ?'s Reply with quote

Does anyone else have issue or concerns with the digital level that the Zero8 master sends out? No matter what I've tried, I cannot get a high level. Mixer master is set to max and software is maxed while recording and all recordings done through digital are quiet, requiring me to boost them even further in software after initial recording, which worries me that it is degrading the sound. I've tested through Firewire and SPDIF out, both gave the same result in levels. I then attempted to record through the analog XLR & or 1/4 master out, and this was the only way I was able to get loud & decent levels. I have come to the conclusions: perhaps its just the digital side of things, my mixers digital output is screwed, or all of these Zero mixers have an issue with the digital output master level. Anyone else seeing this? Perhaps if there was a way to increase or decrease the digital output level in the mixer this could be remedied. If this is the case with other users, can we band together to get Korg to give us this option even though the mixer is discontinued?

Question Crying or Very sad
Marxon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another recording level post from you Wink
if I understood you correctly,
you get low levels if you record the port where the master is routed to?
Are your source channel levels ok?
What is if you record the "channel port" directly,
instead of the "master port".
Are the there equal levels?

Best regards
Marxon
dvelop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Marxon.

Sorry for what seems like duplicate posts. I wanted to delete the other post, but didn't know how to. At the time of the first post I thought it was just a firewire sound issue, but now after tests, I think its just the way it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: