Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Problem with Korg DTR-1000 --> Any Ideas on the issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gotbass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Big Problem with Korg DTR-1000 --> Any Ideas on the issue Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if someone has maybe had a similar issue as me with their DTR-1000 / DTR-2000 or perhaps any Korg rack tuner in general.

Last Saturday I was standing in for a Bass Player at a number of shows over the weekend.
I've had the Tuner (second hand) since before Christmas and I've gigged it a fair few times all without any problems. On Saturday when plugging in one of the speaker leads from my Amp Head, the speaker lead sparked slightly as I plugged it in. After this, the Tuner now seems to be stuck on "mute". It turns on fine but does not pickup a signal from my Bass at all, whether plugging in direct into the front or through the back. Also none of the buttons work; The mute light won't turn off, the "Display" button does nothing and so on. It's probably important to note tha I could smell a "burning palstic / component" smell coming from the Mute button area.

Does anyone have any idea what the possible issue is? I've contacted Korg and they told me their repair service costs £60 an hour and there's no guarantee they'll even be able to fix the problem. It's a little gutting considering I picked up the pedal for only £70! Things never work out being a bargain in the long run do they...

I'm hoping that if I can at least diagnose the problem, the road to recovery for the Tuner will be a little easier!

Thanks in advance for any help Smile

- Jake G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: