Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fills - How to get Smooth between Variations? E-mail Korg
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KJandKT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Fills - How to get Smooth between Variations? E-mail Korg Reply with quote

I seem to remember on the i series that you could specify whether or not a fill would trigger immediately, on the next quarter note, half note or measure. With autofill on when you press the next variation it triggers the fill immediately...often ending up sounding very clunky.

Is there anyway to specify when the fill triggers or could this be fixed in an OS update?

Thanks and God bless!

Last edited by KJandKT on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
KJandKT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an issue for anyone? I e-mailed Korg Support about fixing it in a software update. They said that is the way the auto-fill works and that you can just switch it off. The problem of course is that if you switch auto-fill off, there are no buttons for fills so you will never be able to use fills...

I see that many people have looked at this. If everyone e-mails support about the same issue maybe Korg will possibly address it.

Thanks and God bless
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found I'm getting much better at pressing the Variation buttons on beat now. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
jac38

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJandKT wrote:
Is this an issue for anyone? I e-mailed Korg Support about fixing it in a software update. They said that is the way the auto-fill works and that you can just switch it off. The problem of course is that if you switch auto-fill off, there are no buttons for fills so you will never be able to use fills...

I see that many people have looked at this. If everyone e-mails support about the same issue maybe Korg will possibly address it.

Thanks and God bless

Did Korg say anything about when a new OS comes
KJandKT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm aware of...but most manufacturers end up updating the OS in a keyboard one or two times. So..maybe poor choice of words but I'm just saying if they do a software update maybe they could look at adjusting/fixing that feature in it. There are always work-arounds, but honestly I think most people would agree that making the fill feature more userfriendly would not be a bad thing Smile If they don't fix/adjust it...then we just make music with what we have!

Have a blessed day!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Pa600 without Fill-Button Reply with quote

Maybe there could be not even one update with Pa600, same as I experienced after I bought my Pa500 in February 2012.

Fill feature was userfriendly for Pa500 and now Pa600 without fill-button is a step back.

If they don't fix/adjust it and you just make music with what you have, use CUE AREA in StyleRecordMode to decide how the current StyleElement (Fill-In or Variation) will enter after it has been selected. You can enter IMMEDIATE, FIRST MEASURE or CURRENT MEASURE, or NEXT MEASURE FIRST or CURRENT MEASURE.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa600 without Fill-Button Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
If they don't fix/adjust it and you just make music with what you have, use CUE AREA in StyleRecordMode to decide how the current StyleElement (Fill-In or Variation) will enter after it has been selected. You can enter IMMEDIATE, FIRST MEASURE or CURRENT MEASURE, or NEXT MEASURE FIRST or CURRENT MEASURE.

Indeed this is the only option for a decent fill in Pa600 , especially "Next measure first" !
Note that missing fill buttons or Aftertouch will never be created by firmware , these are strictly missing hardware modules.
Also I never understood why Pa600 has a 30 % efficiency loss with the absence of these essential functions ,
'cause of 20 dollars components (the most) , as 3 fill buttons and a strip carbon AT sensor , (since OS is ready for all )
that no customer in the world would ever refuse to pay for !!!
Totally Insane !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: HQ Factorysounds instead Samplefunctions Reply with quote

Note that missing fill buttons ... I never understood why ... absence of these essential functions ... insane

And it would be better to invest in software-engeneering to get HQ-factorysounds, usable without additional controllers and without virtuoso playing techniques instead implementation of hardly usable, impractical sample-functions!

Using some older units with fm7-operator-techniques you can hear the efficiency of simple sounds, but using aftertouch or modulation-wheel for sounds suitable to effects with vibrato/modulation-combinations.

To prepare more HQ-factorysounds for such simple usages, not only for aftertouch but optional for usage with joystick-down would bring good effects also for keyboards without missing aftertouch-keyboards like Pa500/Pa600. Thats about sw-engeneering for factorysounds.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who REALLY need FILL buttons ... take note:

Note: You can remotely select the various Style Elements on the PA600, by sending it Program Change messages on the Control channel (see “MIDI: MIDI In Channels” on page 151).

Using a controller like the Behringer FCB-1010 http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/FCB1010.aspx you can access FILL 1-2-3-4 directly.

See page 198 of the English manual.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siebenhirter
- Pa600 factory library is based on majority of Pa3X sounds that can be categorized as HQ class sounds ,
as concerned to futher development , PCM player is the solution to achieve that .
- Pa600 is an arranger not a workstation and left hand is occupied with chords and orchestration so there is no
luxury to use joystick & SWs that's why AT is definitely the major priority for sound expression or pitch AT ,
just trust me ... I develop commercial resources for arrangers since 5 years !

Thoraldus
Fill functions are already included in OS (as I wrote ) , just 3-5 damned switches are missing to activate them ,
that's the insane !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

Thoraldus
Fill functions are already included in OS (as I wrote ) , just 3-5 damned switches are missing to activate them ,
that's the insane !

Please reread my post. That's EXACTLY what I was pointing out above. You can add the switches needed if you really want that feature. You also get a bonus with the FCB1010 - you can add a LOT more control functions to the PA600. I'l be adding an FCB1010 to my setup shortly. I need a Swell pedal for all the organ music I play. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
Please reread my post. That's EXACTLY what I was pointing out above

Definitely we do not point the same thing !
I do not want to buy any extra controller , in that case I could easily design a small board and some holes to control
all already included Pa3X goodies in Pa600 , I just demand as a customer things to be designed and manufactured properly !
Also this is not a personal protest as a user since I own 2 Pa3X - 2X , KronosX ... , but as developer that can't apply
created Pa3X sound & Styles features in my commercial PCM resources of Pa600 'cause they omitted to place a few switches !
Pa600 should have had a small costless further step to be the perfect arranger for it's potentials/value !

Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Frans N

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:
Please reread my post. That's EXACTLY what I was pointing out above

Definitely we do not point the same thing !
I do not want to buy any extra controller , in that case I could easily design a small board and some holes to control
all already included Pa3X goodies in Pa600 , I just demand as a customer things to be designed and manufactured properly !
Also this is not a personal protest as a user since I own 2 Pa3X - 2X , KronosX ... , but as developer that can't apply
created Pa3X sound & Styles features in my commercial PCM resources of Pa600 'cause they omitted to place a few switches !
Pa600 should have had a small costless further step to be the perfect arranger for it's potentials/value !

Where can I find your commercial resources for the PA600?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frans N wrote:
Where can I find your commercial resources for the PA600?

Following my Greek site , since only Pa600 Greek resources are available at present time !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: