Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silly newbie question: can I remove the rack "ears"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
botielus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Silly newbie question: can I remove the rack "ears" Reply with quote

I just ordered one, and I'm sure I'll find out once it arrives, but just curious now: can I unscrew the rack mounting connectors on the sides of the unit? I probably won't be installing it in a rack case, at least at first, and just want to put it in my laptop case when traveling with it on a gig.
botielus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: No! Reply with quote

No! You can't remove the rack ears, they are part of the side walls of the unit
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A two unit rack case would be the best solution - a soft case wouldn't protect front panel knobs (not that there are too many) as well as a rack, and the (you now know) non-removable ears are sharp enough to tear up your soft case bag. You can get light weight racks fairly cheaply, even new, and the SKB roto or X cases are very good protection for not too much cash.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
botielus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Might get one. But I really want to carry it on the plane for my out of town gigs and that might not work. My microstation (in cool backpack case) is my carry-on, then my one "personal item" is laptop case. I'll need to check what the most low profile 2space rack looks like and see if it's not too big to be the "personal item". Unfortunately with the airlines, it's not black/white on what they allow on the planes. But yeah, much better protection, so worse case they gate check it, it will probably survive. I might also try padding real well, and put in my suitcase, as long as I have backup in case the suitcase disappears!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: