Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEControl USB Breath Controller
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: TEControl USB Breath Controller Reply with quote

http://tecontrol.se/index_files/USBMIDIBreathController.htm

Just found this while looking for a Yamaha BC3 substitute. I wonder if it could work with the Kronos without having a computer between the two?
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appears that it might, that seems pretty cool
.Jens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a discussion about that device lately. There is one quite important fact to mention, if you consider it as a replacement: The tiny little thing works with static pressure instead of flow (as usual) - so you do not really blow "through" the device but into it. It's like you blow into a closed tube or just pump up your cheeks with your mouth shut.

It will be a very different playing experience from what you are used to, I guess.

Regarding some statements on the web, you can drill a vent hole into the mouthpiece to allow for a little bleed - but I am not sure if this would preserve the whole accessible pressure range the device is designed for...
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm-U44kNtmI
Good review on the unit.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
carlotta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Jens wrote:
I had a discussion about that device lately. There is one quite important fact to mention, if you consider it as a replacement: The tiny little thing works with static pressure instead of flow (as usual) - so you do not really blow "through" the device but into it. It's like you blow into a closed tube or just pump up your cheeks with your mouth shut.

It will be a very different playing experience from what you are used to, I guess.

Regarding some statements on the web, you can drill a vent hole into the mouthpiece to allow for a little bleed - but I am not sure if this would preserve the whole accessible pressure range the device is designed for...

I ordered one a couple of days ago and am looking forward to getting it. The manual says that it can be used in both static pressure and flow mode, using the optional bleed valve that is included with it.

Some more on this forum: http://www.vi-control.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30300
Quote:
I originally thought I wouldn't use the little air release valve that comes with the controller as I'm not really a wind player. It makes it a LOT easier for me to use!
You can also tongue note attacks with it, which I was unable to do w/o it.

I would encourage anyone to install it, you can simply shut off the air flow if you want the other behavior.

And there is also a review http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=11085
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered one as well, would it work directly with KRONOS? wont matter to me much as I will use it with my VST's Very Happy
Scatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been wanting something like this for a while, thanks for the heads up.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, got one on order. Be cool if it connects directly into the K.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
Thanks, got one on order. Be cool if it connects directly into the K.

Busch.

If it does, I'll certainly order one. Not into soft synths, but this could be cooler than the discontinued Yamahas!
mm-pro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered one as well. The device is supposedly class compliant, so I think there is a good chance we can directly connect it.

Regards,

MM
ak
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have developed a converter box for Yamaha BC to use the EXPRESSION PEDAL rather than MIDI or BC input.

http://kelfar.net/prod17.htm

The good news....I have developed a new Breath Controller (BCK-1) and it has more features than the original Yamaha BC3A.

Here are some images and real demo:

and a demo using the actual BCK-1 with the BCXP PRO connected to Korg Extreme and the input of the Expression Pedal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRlCxK3KV3U&list=UUi2FQBaa-NC-zQEey1TN96w&index=1

KELFAR SOUND LIBRARIES @ Korg Shop
KORG KRONOS SOUND LIBRARIES
Korg M3 World Music Set

Korg M3 and Kronos
carlotta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak wrote:

The good news....I have developed a new Breath Controller (BCK-1) and it has more features than the original Yamaha BC3A.

Hi I looked at your website but I can't find it. Does it need a conversion box like the midi solutions? How much does it cost? How can one buy it?

Thanks,
Carlotta
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlotta wrote:
ak wrote:

Hi I looked at your website but I can't find it. Does it need a conversion box like the midi solutions? How much does it cost? How can one buy it?

Thanks,
Carlotta

I could be wrong, I was confused by the site. But I thought it said you have to have the yamaha mouth piece and he has the controller that you plug into. If that is the case the original item from this post will be of the most interest to people.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlotta wrote:
ak wrote:

Thanks,
Carlotta

From looking at the video, it appears he has both a midi conversion box and a breath controller. It appears that the breath controller is held on with a rather bulky harmonica holder, however. I'm thinking the first post may be a more elegant solution if connects/works directly with the Kronos. If it does work, can it be fine tuned by using an AMS mixer in the Kronos? Really haven't done much work with AMS yet, but this appears to be where you could tailor the controller to your breathing. Or does someone have a better idea for that?
ak
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using the Expression Pedal converter box(by Kelfar Technologies) for the BC3a (discontinued model from Yamaha).

In process and production, the new BCK-1 by Kelfar Technologies.

The demos of the BCK-1 and the harmonica holder was used for the purpose of the DEMO and it does not come with the BCK-1. I know it looks weird...Smile

Instead of using MIDI, I am using the Expression Pedal input of any keyboard.

Check this diagram:

As soon as the product is ready, I will let you know.

BEST
KELFAR

KELFAR SOUND LIBRARIES @ Korg Shop
KORG KRONOS SOUND LIBRARIES
Korg M3 World Music Set

Korg M3 and Kronos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: