Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sampler with different effects on different samples?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
charonme

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: sampler with different effects on different samples? Reply with quote

I'm looking for a sampler that could have different effects on different samples/tracks (or loops) at the same time and that could also modify some parameters of the effects live (using knobs or the pad or external midi controller). Can some of the kaoss products do this?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to check out the KP3 and the Kaoss Pad Quad.
chad9477

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 100% certain the KP3 cannot do this and I'm fairly sure the Quad can't either, though I don't have one of those. The best the KP3 can manage is resampling a loop that has a given effect applied, then using another KP3 effect on top of it. In any case, whatever effect you're actively using is applied equally to all sounds coming out of the KP3, both from its audio inputs and all its samples. You can't pick and choose, unfortunately.

If you want hardware and it's within your price range, the Elektron Octatrack would be perfect for what you want to do.
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KP3 cant do it live. you can resample with FX onto the 4 loop banks but thats it.

Kaoss pad Quad cant do it either: has no sampling functionality.

first option I can think of thats CHEAPER than an octatrack: a laptop + software.

I don't know of any hardware loopers that are able to do this kind of stuff live except the octatrack.. other than having multiple separate loopers with dedicated FX units/pedals on their outputs.

so in theory the KP1/2/3 can do this but you will need more than one.

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
charonme

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's what I was afraid of Sad

so are there any parameters that can be changed individually for each sample or loop live on some of the devices you know (ideally the KP3)? at least the volume? what about a low pass cutoff frequency?
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i *think* an sp404 will let you apply a single effect to one or more samples of your choice - but it's not a live looper. works best with preloaded samples.

will the new boss unit do what you want?
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maschine or Ableton Live 9 Studio with Push can easily do what you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fYzHRHvSoY&feature=player_embedded
charonme

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to avoid using a PC/notebook if possible.

I don't need live sampling, I can preload my samples.

which new boss unit? sp404sx? I tried to find out, but I was told it can't do two different live effects at the same time. Or do you mean the RC300? I guess the rc300 probably could do it
charonme

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chad9477 wrote:
In any case, whatever effect you're actively using is applied equally to all sounds coming out of the KP3, both from its audio inputs and all its samples.
So the KP3 effects are applied only to the master out, I can't apply an effect to a loop or sample and leave the other samples/loop unaffected?
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charonme wrote:
I'd like to avoid using a PC/notebook if possible.

I don't need live sampling, I can preload my samples.

which new boss unit? sp404sx? I tried to find out, but I was told it can't do two different live effects at the same time. Or do you mean the RC300? I guess the rc300 probably could do it

I own an SP404. It doesn't do what you are asking. If you really want powerful sampling and effects, nothing compares to software. So you're giving up a lot just to avoid...what? With Live 9 and Push, you don't even have to have the PC/notebook open - it just becomes the sound module. The Push controller is basically a fully configurable sampler groovebox, and more. You get amazing synth power with Max for live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xxWdvotAlo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS2r13xX-nk

Push is really a whole new kind of instrument. It's not a PC/notebook. It's not a sampler groove box. It's a new thing that has the power of the PC software, the features of a groovebox like step sequencing and pads, but with synthesis, sampling and effects to the full depth possible on a PC. It's a game changer.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I must say Push looks intersting. I was however, somewhat surprised at the price - seems a little high. But it's probably worth it, must check it out more in-depth
jiggityj

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an MPC500 and you can have 2 effects at the same time. The effects aren't as great as the SP or Kaoss effects though.. With the 404 and KP3, you can resample with the effects though. Maybe the OP-1?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: