Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

76 and 88 key versions :?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
advid

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: 76 and 88 key versions :? Reply with quote

....I'm a Yamaha PSR user of many years now looking for a 76 or 88 note arranger keyboard. I looked at Korg and was just about to buy a Korg PA 588
and then noticed that they had just been discontinued...
Looking further into the range I came across the fairly new 600....
Do any of you users think that Korg 'might' release a 76 or 88 note version of this board eventually....?
OR..is the PA588 still not too outdated ?
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA588 is not yet discontinued, see: http://www.korgpa.com/en/products/arrangers/pa588/pa588-informations.html

I don't think it's outdated, even though it was released in 2008.
But on the other hand, I believe there will be a PA688 coming up soon (this year I suppose; but Korg won't tell if and when).
So maybe that's worth waiting for. I hope it will have a better Grand Piano sample, because I don't like the one in PA588.
(matter of taste of course).

PA3X is available in a 76 key version, but that's a different league (and price tag).

Yamaha has 88-note arranger keyboards for a reasonable price (DGX-640).

See http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalkeyboards/dgx_series/?mode=series#tab=product_lineup

Play in style. Wink
advid

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: reply... Reply with quote

..thanks for your comments.-.
I've already looked at the Yamaha keyboards/piano....it's not really an arranger board..just a piano with built in styles...you can't do much with them to alter the sounds sect...
I'm still tempted to go for the 855 but, like you, I think there will be more extended boards to come in this range....but when..that's the problem...I'm getting impatient...... Evil or Very Mad
joshhuntnm

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
PA588 is not yet discontinued, see: http://www.korgpa.com/en/products/arrangers/pa588/pa588-informations.html

But on the other hand, I believe there will be a PA688 coming up soon (this year I suppose; but Korg won't tell if and when).
So maybe that's worth waiting for. I hope it will have a better Grand Piano sample, because I don't like the one in PA588.

PA3X is available in a 76 key version, but that's a different league (and price tag).

See http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalkeyboards/dgx_series/?mode=series#tab=product_lineup

I have teh Yamaha and the pa600. Would really like to see a pa688 for church. I used the pa600 at home for practice. the sytles are not near as good on the yamaha. also, because it has so few buttons, it is really not set up for live performance. To move the keyboard up or down by halfsteps, for example, you have to dig into the menu.
Karimh

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshhuntnm wrote:
Fransman wrote:

I have teh Yamaha and the pa600. Would really like to see a pa688 for church. I used the pa600 at home for practice. the sytles are not near as good on the yamaha. also, because it has so few buttons, it is really not set up for live performance. To move the keyboard up or down by halfsteps, for example, you have to dig into the menu.

Are you talking about transpose buttons?
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshhuntnm wrote:
I used the pa600 at home for practice. the sytles are not near as good on the yamaha. also, because it has so few buttons, it is really not set up for live performance. To move the keyboard up or down by halfsteps, for example, you have to dig into the menu.

I've had a Yam s910 for a while and I found the styles (especially drums & bass) WAY better in Korg PA500 and PA800.
Matter of taste.

Live buttons: all Korgs are better equipped than Yamaha when it comes to buttons for live playing, except for the Registration Buttons & Banks (which Korgs don't have). Transpose buttons for halfsteps up and down are standard on all Korgs. On your PA600: on the right.

Play in style. Wink
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I purchased my PA500 I gave away my two Yami PSR's to friends. They just didn't cut it for me anymore. Nice intros and endings, blah variations.

The PA600 I recently acquired takes everything to a whole new level. The Yamis had some interesting features, but the Korgs are a total package. The depth of customization possible on the Korgs just can't be matched with any like priced arranger keyboards on the market today. I think most folks who purchase a KORG arranger keyboard have no idea what their keyboard can do beyond what they see out of the box. There's a LOT more in there folks.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
joshhuntnm

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
joshhuntnm wrote:
I used the pa600 at home for practice. the sytles are not near as good on the yamaha. also, because it has so few buttons, it is really not set up for live performance. To move the keyboard up or down by halfsteps, for example, you have to dig into the menu.

I've had a Yam s910 for a while and I found the styles (especially drums & bass) WAY better in Korg PA500 and PA800.
Matter of taste.

Live buttons: all Korgs are better equipped than Yamaha when it comes to buttons for live playing, except for the Registration Buttons & Banks (which Korgs don't have). Transpose buttons for halfsteps up and down are standard on all Korgs. On your PA600: on the right.

Note I was referring to the above mentioned (Yamaha DGX-640).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: