Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad for Korg - BAD COMPANY AND BAD QUALITY EQUIPMENT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
citytrader

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Bad for Korg - BAD COMPANY AND BAD QUALITY EQUIPMENT Reply with quote

Is incredible how bad is the customer support at Korg Headquarters, I have the information of KORG Mexico that KORG is not releasing the update as they promised (first middle of MAY), even worse, there are keyboards with problems in the main board and Korg does not respond to the local partner request.

This is my first KORG PA 600, I'm lucky that I dont have at the moment problems besides a bug on the OS, but this issue of the main board that is happening to lot of people is scaring me and thinking that I made a mistake to buy a Korg equipment.

THIS IS MY LAST KORG, bad company and bad quality equipment.
Karimh

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered pa600qt last week. I was told that the ETA is end of June. Could this be a manufacturing delay? I wonder if they're starting to ship "updated" boards. Not sure though...
citytrader

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karimh wrote:
I just ordered pa600qt last week. I was told that the ETA is end of June. Could this be a manufacturing delay? I wonder if they're starting to ship "updated" boards. Not sure though...

The problem with Korg is they are selling equipment with hardware defects and even worse, the OS is buggy and they have not released a patch yet...
KORG is an horrible company.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citytrader,
If the OS update is not ready, releasing the software won't make whole lot of sense, would it? That will only add to your problems. I'm sure they will release it when it's ready. Unless there's a major issue that is holding you back from using the board, I would just patiently wait for the update.

From what I read, you're not having any problems at the moment, right?

citytrader

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
Citytrader,
If the OS update is not ready, releasing the software won't make whole lot of sense, would it? That will only add to your problems. I'm sure they will release it when it's ready. Unless there's a major issue that is holding you back from using the board, I would just patiently wait for the update.

From what I read, you're not having any problems at the moment, right?

If the OS update is not ready is a fault of a bad company like KORG, I have a case open because of a bug in the OS.

The discussion is not about if its a mayor issue or not, the discussion is about how KORG ignores its customers, I'm lucky that I have only issue that could be solved by software and we have mostly 1 year that KORG didn't release an update, never seen this before.

This thread is for those that are planning to buy a new keyboard and they should think twice before buying KORG.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD FOR KORG - BAD COMPANY AND BAD QUALITY EQUIPMENT Reply with quote

citytrader wrote:
(snip).

More likely "uninformed customer" making "bad mistake" Wink

Korg been around a LONG time so they are pretty fixed in their way of handling updates. As a person who worked in the industry for many years (now retired) I would guess that while Korg was getting ready to roll out the May update they learned of a new bug or two that requires a bit more time to check out and add to the update. I'd rather they not release it until all the known bugs are squashed. Wink There was one update for the PA500. I know of no bugs unfixed in the PA500.

Be patient grasshopper.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi citytrader
WOW!!
Quote:
The problem with Korg is they are selling equipment with hardware defects and even worse, the OS is buggy and they have not released a patch yet...

Hmmmm Microsoft have been doing that for years!! Wink
Quote:
If the OS update is not ready is a fault of a bad company like KORG,

Clearly you have little understanding of computer technology (and that is fine) so please remember that this keyboard is a computer my friend - consider for a moment the billions of permutations that would be required to perform a 100% acceptance test - impossible, so yes, there will be bugs. Korg have always been quick to fix any major issues. Also, a "bug" is when the keyboard will not perform as per it's specifications so in simple terms, if the keyboard does exactly what the manual says it should do then there are no bugs.

Quote:
This thread is for those that are planning to buy a new keyboard and they should think twice before buying KORG.

The majority of Korg owners are very satisfied so this is a ridiculous statement.
Quote:

Sadly your personal requirements are not met by this keyboard - that is personal - maybe you should sell up and research an alternative.

So anyone considering a new keyboard (and considering Korg) should sensibly research thoroughly and these forums are not a bad place to start. There are some great forum members here with good experience and very helpful like Sam and Thoraldus.

We are here to help.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Karimh

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did think twice before buying a keyboard. I ordered a korg! Love the sounds!
rhinomark

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Korg not bad Reply with quote

Several months ago, I wrote a rave review about my 600. Then I did my first live gigs-- it froze up once on two different gigs. Lost some of my programming in the songbook. Rebooting on stage takes what seems an eternity....

I was mad. Talked to my Sweetwater guy, Stewart, and he promised me they would ship a replacement. Only it took two months to get one in. But got it last week, and just got the notice from Sweetwater that they got my defective one back.

Don't know if it's a bug in the system or not yet. But I love the sounds, especially the greasy organs, and the system itself. Blows away my PSR 900. And my Kronos which I've had a year is problem free. The Kronos has had two updates since I bought it, and both have been significant. Yamaha never made the 900 better (at least after I bought mine).

These are my first Korgs after decades of Rolands and Yamaha-- they both sound great and are a blast to play. I think they're very progressive, especially compared to Yamaha--and even though I'm a boomer, I want a machine that sounds fresher. Drums and bass way better!

In the end, there is no perfect keyboard, no perfect company, or uniform user. These two Korgs, to this user, are amazing. To the guy not happy, find your keyboard. The 600 is dirt cheap next to keyboards I've bought over the years, especially with inflation factored in. Sell it. Get most of your money back. And find your bliss. It's time for you to keep the kind of company you like.

Life's too short.
citytrader

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

Clearly you have little understanding of computer technology (and that is fine) so please remember that this keyboard is a computer my friend - consider for a moment the billions of permutations that would be required to perform a 100% acceptance test - impossible, so yes, there will be bugs. Korg have always been quick to fix any major issues. Also, a "bug" is when the keyboard will not perform as per it's specifications so in simple terms, if the keyboard does exactly what the manual says it should do then there are no bugs.

First of all, before writting something, be informed... being an electronic engineer and in the past I had designed memory boards and other stuff , I'm more than in a good position to reinforce what I have written.
For not to tell you my current job...

What you have written is totally wrong and for what you wrotte, you dont understand what quality control means, neither KORG of course, the cycle of a year for releasing a patch is totally unacceptable for a company, it doesnt mind if KORG in the past worked fine, I'm talking what KORG is doing today with customers.

Even worse for people that has board problems as a fault of the unit and they can not change it because KORG does not support the MEXICAN
partner.

This is nothing personal, is something that much people has to know before buying low quality KORG equipment.

Again, KORG = BAD QUALITY = VERY BAD COMPANY
Frans N

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your brain needs a update.

citytrader wrote:
karmathanever wrote:

First of all, before writting something, be informed... being an electronic engineer and in the past I had designed memory boards and other stuff , I'm more than in a good position to reinforce what I have written.
For not to tell you my current job...

What you have written is totally wrong and for what you wrotte, you dont understand what quality control means, neither KORG of course, the cycle of a year for releasing a patch is totally unacceptable for a company, it doesnt mind if KORG in the past worked fine, I'm talking what KORG is doing today with customers.

Even worse for people that has board problems as a fault of the unit and they can not change it because KORG does not support the MEXICAN
partner.

This is nothing personal, is something that much people has to know before buying low quality KORG equipment.

Again, KORG = BAD QUALITY = VERY BAD COMPANY

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

citytrader wrote:

My sincere apologies - when you write comments like
citytrader wrote:
If the OS update is not ready is a fault of a bad company like KORG,
and
citytrader wrote:

.. I naturally assumed that you were not a "computer" person or understood the intricacies of software development and testing - sorry.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with citytrader on the point that Korg has a problem (for long years) to release tested and bug free software. Personally i cannot understand the way Korg handles this topic. And from PA1X they have so much waste within the OS - and keep this waste from OS to OS.

With the PA600 they changed electronics first time - it´s the size like a smartphone. And they changed the OS too. From the experience we had from the past i can imagine that Korg didn´t test hard- and software much enough and released "something" when it was finished - and buggy - that´s not a good way.

For myself - i had no problems with my PA600 so far - it seems to work fine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: