Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe MIDI Connection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hackerkubric

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought an ES-1 to go along with my ER-1 and EA-1 set-up. Yes, I know there are better, more "current" models but I got them at a great price and really like the retro sound. I'm having trouble syncing the clock between the three however. Is there something I need to do besides how I usually would connect just the two of them before?

Edit: Figured it out. While we're on the subject, however, does anyone have any tips for maximizing the potential of all three of these used together?

I've only been fiddling around with them for a couple hours and some of the sounds I've made have blown my mind.
swakst

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see the section korg electribe tuto on http://www.kstprodukzion.com
see you later

http://www.dailymotion.com/swakst

SWAKST
Evil Dali

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry, didn't see this at first, so I'll re-direct my post (of which I made a topic here earlier)

"Hello and good day to everyone equally! Smile

I'm having a slight problem with EMX and FL studio.

You see I'm using my EMX as the main tool for my songs but I also like using samples, where FL comes in handy. So basically I'd want to set my EMX to control some of the parameters there.

However, the only parameters I'd want my EMX to control, are the "Play" and then the pattern switch (which I don't know how to program).
Now if I plug my Korg with midi to FL, it seems to automatically set every button to some parameters to FL. How can I reset them?"

Oh, and also there seems to be some issue with syncing the tempo
britzman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pissed BCall the parts trigger my mopho and iI only want the synth parts to. I've changed the midi channels and the filter setting on midiutil make no sense to me.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeasepLZ HElP
richtowns

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: A simple MIDI setup? Reply with quote

Dear Korg fans,
I have a
a DSP-G1 synth used as a sound unit
a Korg ESX which I want to use as a sequencer
a M-Audio keyboard for generating notes plugged into the ESX MIDI In

I want to send notes from the keyboard to the sequencer for recording and to the sound module for monitoring at the same time.

If the sound module is plugged into the MIDI Out on the ESX, the ESX is able to send it notes but the keyboard no.
If the sound module is plugged into MIDI Thru on the ESX, the keyboard can send it notes but the ESX no.

Through my research I see:
MIDI Out sends MIDI from the sequencer but doesnt pass MIDI from MIDI In,
MIDI Thru passes MIDI from MIDI In but not MIDI generated from the sequencer.
The only solution I can see is to send the output of MIDI Out AND MIDI Thru to my sound module which would require a MIDI Merge box. Is this correct?

I only spent 30 euros on the DSP-G1 to give my ESX a proper synth but it looks like I now need to spend another 60 euros to incorporate it into my humble setup! Please help
meggul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: albeton midi clip sync issue Reply with quote

I have Ableton taking tempo from my EMX2 which triggers sounds from 16 Ableton channels. The one shot sounds work great but I'm having trouble getting phrases i've programmed in Ableton to trigger at the start of the first bar.

I've set a couple of midi clip phrases to trigger from key presses on my laptop but they start playing out of sync (the phrases are not even consistently offset by an amount of measures but seemingly random and independent of where in the 4 bars I press the key). I've tried setting Ableton to master but the problem remains. Any ideas?
esaumusic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: albeton midi clip sync issue Reply with quote

meggul, not sure if you figured this out already but for anyone else, if you want tempo to come from EMX2 (or midi capable drum machine) then ableton needs to be set to slave.

1. Make sure EMX2 global clock is set to Master.

2. In ableton midi preferences, find the input section of the midi interface your EMX2 is communicating on. Now turn the 'Sync' button on (So Ableton knows to listen for clock/tempo from EMX2).
Like this

3. Lastly, close Ableton preferences and in very top left of Ableton, turn on the 'Ext' button. This puts it in slave mode.
Like this.

4. Hit play on your EMX2 and ableton should now be synced. Hope that helps!
cicinka

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: electribe 2 + esx 1 Reply with quote

Hi! I am totally new to this...Could anyone help me how to sync the new electribe 2 with esx-1 ? I've tried everything I could but didnt manage to sync them. I am using two of these cables http://postimg.org/image/qk49yihhl/ .
I have tried all the possible combination of int.cloc setting.
Can I guide me step by step how to do it?
Thanks a lot in advance
electribeking

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

out to in,,thur to in...as far as you want..Master on int..the rest of the machines on ext..master on channel one midi...the rest on midi 16..And u need a midi to midi cord.5 pin..brother!!
Nasum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

next Midi noob incoming. My situation.
I have a E2 with a Kaoss Pad3+. I connect them with Audio Out from e2 to Line In Kaoss Pad. Everything works fine. The music from the E2 is running and i can play effects with the KP3. My speakers are connect to the KP3+. If i want to bring the stuff in Ableton i connect Line Out from the KP3+ in the Line In from my American Audio Computer Interface...it works great.

Today i got 4 Midi cables and next week i get my Volca Keys. Today i try to connect my E2 with the KP wit midi. I connect Midi Out e2 wit Midi In from the Kaoss Pad. I set the clock from the E2 to Auto(did not work) i set the Clock from E2 to Internal(did not work). The Clock from the KP was set to Auto or External. I try a lot of possibilities but nothing works. The E2 play sounds but i cant play effects. Midi Channel was set to 1 in both of them.

Can somebody explain me whats wrong. I get a Thru with my Volca Keys next week but i dont think i get it...now i cant connect the E2 with KP. And next week i want to connect a 3rd machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: