Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome Editor / Windows 8???.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you run the 'Install USB-MIDI Device' utility from the Korg folder in the Start menu or where ever it might have put it on Windows 8?

The installer for the driver just loads the drivers on your system. Windows might still be using the built in driver. You need to run this second Korg installer utility to assign the driver to the port.

If this helps be aware that if you change usb ports in the future you have to run this second installer again.
darriket

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using windows xp and it only recognize the first 10 midi ports so I had to use the editor's setup to uninstall one of the other drivers from out of the first ten midi port. Then I reinstalled krome's usb driver and it went into that slot after that the editor recognized it and worked perfect
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darriket wrote:
I am using windows xp and it only recognize the first 10 midi ports so I had to use the editor's setup to uninstall one of the other drivers from out of the first ten midi port. Then I reinstalled krome's usb driver and it went into that slot after that the editor recognized it and worked perfect

The limit was supposed to have been removed in Windows Vista, 7 and 8 but here is an article that claims there is still a limit. It also has a suggested solution.
http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Gear-Articles/Solving-the-Windows-MIDI-Port-Problem/ba-p/34653689
bartcarfizzi

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME!!! Thank you.. will try today!
bartcarfizzi

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Replace Reply with quote

I have contacted AMS where i bought it, they are shipping me another... Something may have been damaged from the factory... I found that a couple of buttons are not working as well... Thank you for your help!
bartcarfizzi

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Nope Reply with quote

So i have a brand new Krome... And tried everything suggested... I am assuming that since it will not even recognize the synth any more, and once in a while, it would for only a short time, I have whittled down the possibilities to a Midi - USB Cable. I'm going to get one and see what happens... The Light on my current USB to Midi Cable does flash FROM the synth... But Nothing From the Computer... It doesnt show KROMe in device list anywhere... Thats about all it can me...

I'll keep you posted
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a MIDI to USB adapter cable? If so try a standard USB cable.
bartcarfizzi

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: okay Reply with quote

Will do, but i thought you had said i could not use the Usb - usb. that it was not supported..

I'll let you know...
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not have been clear ... The Krome supports transfering midi data over both physical midi cables and physical usb cables. Some synths like the Kronos also support audio over usb but the Krome does not.

A USB cable is the best method for connecting to the computer for midi.
bartcarfizzi

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Maybe Reply with quote

Maybe i'm just thick! and i appreciate your guidance and patience... I have..
USB - > USB connected to my laptop and Synth. It sees the Krome under the device list... Korg Driver Setup utility works and sees the krome...
Started Editor...and it comes up... but unable to access anything... Nothing transmits or recieves.. Midiox does not see input or output via usb - usb cable. hooked up USB - Midi Cable Midox see's 1 output device and no input device.. and appears to be searching for connections but then stops. Will not receive or send midi data either way...

Krome Midi is set as defaults... There has to be something stupid i'm missing... When i use the mox6, 1 usb cable and things work.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I still think that there is some other app active in 64 bit mode that has taken control of the Korg USB driver. The Korg USB driver can operate in 32 bit mode or 64 bit mode but not both at the same time.

Yamaha doesn't have this problem and since you say the MOX6 is working OK I suspect that this could be the problem. Double check everything and make sure nothing else is running and then try Midiox again using USB to USB cable.
bartcarfizzi

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: RESOLVED!!! Reply with quote

I FINALLY GOT IT! I went with the 32 Bit USB Driver... and Lord and behold... ITS WORKING.... I cant believe that i didnt try that before... But it works and perfectly as well!!!

Thank you so much for your patience and help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: