Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How To Add Reverb?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveMcKeen

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: How To Add Reverb? Reply with quote

I'm a hobbyist. Don't play well enough to do gigs, but do entertain myself. Just got my KROME 73 a couple days ago. I'm going through the programs and making notes of what I like. I think A127 VOX Organ SW2 Tabs is pretty cool. I would love to give it a nice reverb. I really like the way reverb is implemented in the M50 A124 Church Positive/Full, for example.

I can play a cord or note on the KROME A127 and when I release, the sound dies immediately. I see on P0 Main that MFX2 is set to Reverb SmoothHall with a return value set to 64. I've gone into P9 Routing and see that the effect is ON. I messed with the Return value but nothing happens. On the MFX2 tab I cranked the Reverb Time way up but didn't hear any difference.

Any idea what gives? Is anybody hearing a reverb on this program?

Thanks - Dave
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

I check the A 127 Vox Organ SW2 Tabs.
Usually we control the MFX wet/dry amount using user Knob 3 for MFX1 and user Knob 4 for MFX2. This time Knob 4 is set to MFX 1 and 2. If you need more reverb , increase the balance wet/dry from 13/87 to 25/75 or more. Also increase the Reverb Time value from 1.7 sec to 2.5 sec or so.
DaveMcKeen

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

Thanks very much. Now I do hear the reverb, but with your settings it was still way too subtle. On the Routing tab I cranked the Return value up to 127 and it's starting to sound like what I had in mind.

I also played with the Amp 1 and 2 envelopes to see if I could give the voices some release amplitude and time. I was able to shape the envelopes the way I wanted to test them out, but the sound never changed. Are the voices 'locked' in some way. Is there an option somewhere that says that since the instrument category is Organ the envelopes are fixed? For example, in the case of A041 KROME Piano + SunStrings I wanted the strings voice to decay, which I was able to do.

- Dave
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

If you adjust the Decay you change the time value. You need to change the level. So try to adjust the Break value first than adjust the Decay time. Also Sustain level need to be adjust. As you can see the graphic.

Cheers,
Dan
DaveMcKeen

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

Thanks! I will play with those envelope parameters some more. I am looking at the Amp EG graphic on page 38 of the parameter guide as well as the Time table on the next page as references.

Can you refer me to a tutorial on all this? It doesn't have to be KROME-specific, but should be influenced by Korg's overall music synthesis approach. The Parameter Guide is a bit daunting! Surprised)

- Dave
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

I don't see a specific tutorial but I will try to help you.

Write me a mail on contact@danstesco.ro

Cheers,
Dan
DaveMcKeen

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the offer! Let me work with the parameter guide some more and if I remain stuck I will send you an email message.

Meanwhile I worked my way down the banks and programs and found B009: Pipe Organ Full 1. It is delightful. I tweaked several parameters and got it where it suits me just right. What a nice sound. I am as happy as can be!

- Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: