Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

voice won't play in seq/song

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wambli

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: voice won't play in seq/song Reply with quote

I did a combo copy into song. It recorded fine with drums and keys. Tracks one through eight. I selected track nine and selected B053 for the track. Play is in green. The problem is I can't hear it. When I go into record it also doesn't record anything on track. What am I doing wrong?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sequencer records to the track that is currently selected. Set that to track 9. The track selector is on Seq P0:Play/REC just below the song name.

That's the simple explanation. You can also record multiple tracks by turning on Multi Rec (Seq 0-8b). There's more info in the Parameter Guide on page 110.
Wambli

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I selected track below song to track 9. When I pressed record it armed it with red rec. Didnt record. Nor can I addition it "hear it when I press keys. I am using combo 019 The first time. Do you think I ran out of polhany? my 120 notes. Wow that would suck since I am only using 8 tracks
jggiano

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked to see which MIDI Channels are assigned to the voice(s) that you can't hear?
Wambli

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jggiano wrote:
Have you checked to see which MIDI Channels are assigned to the voice(s) that you can't hear?

Ch 04. It auto assigned ones I brought in. It should different than the others correct? Is krome default setup to broadcast all 16?
Wambli

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle, hope you can help this golden eagle "wambli". Lakota word. lol

Here is re-rundown of problem and setup as I know it. This is my first day on Krome. I moved combi 019 "The first Time..." to seq. I can hear tracks 1,2,3 midi assign: T1-ch1, T2-ch2, T3-ch3 . Looks like drums took 4-8 tracks ch10 midi.
Track 9= B028 ch9 midi. Track 10=C067 ch4.
I cannot hear 9-10 when I try to audition. When I try to rec they will go red, so it looks like they arm themselves. Unddr song title I do have track 9 selected.

Can you copy this setup and see if you get the same thing. The only thing I think of is when I auto copy combo to seq I am doing something wrong. Can I send song file to you? Oh yes I am RTFMing it.

Got a deadline to complete this song for backing track for a video project I am also working on.
Thank you
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a Krome so sending me a file wont help much. But the Krome, M3, Kronos sequencers are all very similar so I can try to help out.

It may be that the track is disabled in which case the tone generator will not sound and midi data will not be transmitted. Go to page SEQ P3: Track Param and select the MIDI 9-16 tab. Check the Status for track 9. If it if "OFF" then the track is disabled. Set it to INT and the Krome’s tone generator will produce sound when played. MIDI data will not be transmitted to an external device. Set it to BTH if you want to also send it to an external device.

Many factory combis are setup this way with unused tracks disabled so you will probably have to do this on other combis that you modify after bringing them into the sequencer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: