Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polyphony problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdzeyed

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Polyphony problem Reply with quote

Hi every body

I received my keyboard a month ago but I am facing a Serious problem ... Whenever I push any of the STS buttons I totally lose the polyphony and I need to restart my keyboard all over again ... Can anyone kindly help me in solving this issue? I feel it's a bug!!!
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly do you mean by "losing polyphony" ?

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
mdzeyed

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean that you can't play any cords, just single notes ... Accordingly you can't play a piano piece for example ... What's really strange is that this happens to some but not all the sounds ... Is this a normal feature with certain sounds? I am new in the world of arrangers as I use to play piano so please excuse me if I am not using the proper terminology ...
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdzeyed wrote:
I mean that you can't play any cords, just single notes ... Accordingly you can't play a piano piece for example ... What's really strange is that this happens to some but not all the sounds ... Is this a normal feature with certain sounds? I am new in the world of arrangers as I use to play piano so please excuse me if I am not using the proper terminology ...

Yes, some sounds may be factory programmed to MONO mode. To see if this is the case with your sounds, go to SOUND EDIT mode and then select the sound you wish to check. Then press the MENU button and then select BASIC. On the BASIC page check the VOICE ASSIGN MODE. If the setting is MONO then you can only play single notes at a time with that voice. You can unlock "FACTORY SOUND PROTECT" to reprogram the sound to POLY mode if you want. To unlock "FACTORY SOUND PROTECT" press the GLOBAL button then select the MEDIA tab. Once on the MEDIA PREFERENCES page you can unlock FACTORY SOUND PROTECT.

Typically MONO mode might be used for instruments that can only play a single note at a time or monophonic synth lead sounds.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
mdzeyed

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was busy over the past couple of days so I did not have the time to log in ... So excuse my late reply ... I am very grateful for your prompt reply and concern regarding my issue ... But amazingly everything turned out to be just as you said ... This keyboard is really very interesting!!! I has tons of built-in capabilities and I am just scratching the surface so far ... I found something else by the mere chance; I can do STS registrations only for sounds listed in the PERFORMANCE MODE, but unfortunately I can not do that in the PLAY MODE ... Is this normal???
mdzeyed

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant the STYLE PLAY MODE ...
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdzeyed wrote:
I meant the STYLE PLAY MODE ...

In Style Play Mode you have to unlock the factory lock on the STS settings.

While in Style Mode press the GLOBAL button then press Mode Preferences on the LCD screen. No press the Media tab at the bottom of the screen. Once on the Media Preferences screen you can unlock Factory Style and Pad Protect

Johann Sebastian Bach

mdzeyed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to thank you for your help .... Can I have your opinion in another problem I am facing? I am using the damper pedal GF01 as a sustain controller ... The problem is that when I push the damper pedal I have a full sustain but when I don't use it I don't get any sustain!!! As a piano player I have a full control on the sustain by the amount of pressure applied on the sustain pedal but in this keyboard situation its either NO SUSTAIN OR FULL SUSTAIN ... This is really very annoying ... Any tips to overcome this problem???
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdzeyed wrote:
I really want to thank you for your help .... Can I have your opinion in another problem I am facing? I am using the damper pedal GF01 as a sustain controller ... The problem is that when I push the damper pedal I have a full sustain but when I don't use it I don't get any sustain!!! As a piano player I have a full control on the sustain by the amount of pressure applied on the sustain pedal but in this keyboard situation its either NO SUSTAIN OR FULL SUSTAIN ... This is really very annoying ... Any tips to overcome this problem???

You'll need a KORG DS-1H Damper pedal to support half-pedaling (half damper).

See this page http://www.korg.com/DS1H

The DS-1H costs about $60 here in the US.

Johann Sebastian Bach

mdzeyed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And does my Pa600QT support the half damper function? I just opened the link and it says that it only works with keyboards supporting this function ... Thank you
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdzeyed wrote:
And does my Pa600QT support the half damper function? I just opened the link and it says that it only works with keyboards supporting this function ... Thank you

Yes it does. From the user manual ...

The following (optional) Korg pedals are compatible with Pa600:
(page 146 of the user manual)

EXP-2, XVP-10
Switch PS-1, PS-3
Damper DS-1H (supporting half-pedalling)

Johann Sebastian Bach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: