Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA600QT VS PA500ORT. Any input?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratario

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karimh wrote:
I just ordered PA600QT, and my local dealer confirmed with Korg Canada that the QT version comes with arabic sounds and styles that are pre loaded on the ROM as factory styles. In addition, you get the "extra" arabic/turkish styles and sounds on the DVD; which are different than what's already pre loaded.

The Standard PA600 ships with a DVD as well, which has the same content as the DVD with the QT version.

I obviously don't have the keyboard yet (on order), but I'll post vids and demo the sounds/styles.

That's very good information. Perhaps you can let us know if the sounds in the ROM make for a complete set of oriental sounds, or just a few token sounds. Thanks.

Amoo Farrokh
mdzeyed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone ... I got my pa600qt a couple of months ago ... The oriental sounds are very satisfactory to my ears but the styles are not up to the standard ... Plus I am having a serious problem; believe it or not all the oriental styles are lacking ENDINGS!!! It ends abruptly as if you are pushing the start/stop button ... Anyone having same issue?
Karimh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got the QT 2 days ago. Lots to learn.

The oriental sounds loaded from factory are really nice, at least to me. Kawala sound is really nice and smooth. My opinion is if you don't like a sound, edit it your self. The sounds loaded are satisfactory and you can build on them if you need to. Buying a set online is really scary to me, cause you just never know what you're getting. Few hundred dollars later and you'd be raped. Read, learn, edit, play. Wink

Secondly, it is true that some oriental styles don't have actual endings. But they do have a short ending (hit/fade out). Me personally this hasn't bothered me yet, as I play endings regardless using one of the variations, or a pad track.

Lastly, as I have suffered for months trying to find out what comes with the QT, I'd like to help some folks and I'd gladly email you a copy of the oriental sounds and styles.... Please be advised that I'm emailing a list of items, NOT set files!
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karimh (and the others),

I'm sorry, but we forgot to publish the list of resources in our web site. You can find the list of QT Musical Resources at this address:

http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/products/arrangers/pa600qt/pa600qt-manuals.html

Best regards,
Paolo
KJandKT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see two downloads - Operating System and Factory System Reset.

If you download the new Operating System and install it do you need to download and install the Factory System reset as well? I have the PA 600

Thanks and God bless
Karimh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering the same. The system reset is a bigger file than the operating system update.

Anyone have info on this please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: