Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hissing noise

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam1986

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Hissing noise Reply with quote

Hi, I dont know if this is standard with the monotribe but i seem to experience a loud(ish) hissing sound, like to much gain (even though there is not). checked the connections and they are fine. im just wondering if this is how the mono sounds normally?

I have only had it 2 days btw.

ta.
Andrew Greaves

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ESX (old smartmedia version) is hissy too. The ER and EA models were pretty quiet though.

Not too impressive really.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe thats normal. I have a monotron and its super hissy. I'm hearing the new mini MS20 is also like that...
I've never heard the Electribes to be hissy, tho.
Andrew Greaves

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For recordings I would consider gating it a little, but live I wouldn't hear the hiss over the mains hum from my old analogue synths anyway.

I do find these things vary a lot depending on what gear I output to. If I go via a mixer its pretty quiet, but direct into a record its an issue.
Cam1986

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers guys, didn't know if it was the unit acting faulty or was just the actual sound of it.

also one more quick question,i have noticed that when i recorded a loop on some settings it seems to modulate after 8 bars and so it sounds different every 16/32 bars even though i have not touched the unit, i have also noticed that it seems to fall out of sync with itself (flux mode not on)

i think i might have a faulty unit :(
Andrew Greaves

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly the pattern has a filter change recorded into it using the motion seq function. You could try recording your own Motion seq over this.

The factory preset patterns are loaded with a lot tonal variations using this function. If I'm using a factory preset as a starting point for my own programming, I usually start by stripping away everything I don't need, track by track.
Cam1986

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw thanks for the tip! just trying to get the hang of it!

I don't suppose you could answer one final question that is nearly having me ripping my hair out?

When trying to sync with ableton i'm having a real nightmare, I have managed to record the 5 v. pulse in but im having trouble sending it back out! im using a motu 828 hybrid firewire as an interface. I try to send the signal back after plugging it back into sync in but the monotribe doesn't seem to respond (the input is fine but once I plug the sync in it renders it useless, no audio gets sent to a channel)

I know i'm doing something terribly easy and i should know how to do but alas i'm being a fanny about something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: