Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modulate IFX Wet/Dry with LFO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Modulate IFX Wet/Dry with LFO Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

For the life of me I can't work this out, is it possible and I'm just being dense?

Cheers

Andy
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never tried it but I figure it should be possible with the common LFO? Just put it as AMS? If it's not available as a source then probably not. Unless one of our resident KARMA wizards has a trick up his sleeve.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sander,

Thanks for the email but there is no AMS as source in the IFX section Sad

I was wondering about using Karma to send CCs to control one of the knobs but my brain started melting!
.Jens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you actually planning to do? Maybe there is an IFX for the task which has some kind of built-in LFO or modulation source?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Bob, I don't really get what you mean with "there is no AMS as source". What I mean is, many (all?) IFX let you set a switch or controller to decide the amount of wet/dry. Can't you pick the common LFO as source there?
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effect Output Dry/Wet has only "Dynamic Modulation" sources and these come from physical controllers.
One workaround that comes to mind is to modulate Dry/Wet from VJS and automate VJS CC# control similar to LFO.
.Jens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also use audio signals als DMod sources (how to do this, is described in one of the manuals for the example of sidechain compression / ducking). You could think of using a dedicated program (in a combi) or oscillator (in a program), and modulate its amplitude via an LFO. This oscillator can be routed only to the DMod bus instead of an audio output and work on the wet/dry ratio...
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Jens wrote:
You can also use audio signals als DMod sources (how to do this, is described in one of the manuals for the example of sidechain compression / ducking). You could think of using a dedicated program (in a combi) or oscillator (in a program), and modulate its amplitude via an LFO. This oscillator can be routed only to the DMod bus instead of an audio output and work on the wet/dry ratio...

No, DMod (can used in many places in effects) and FX control buses (can used in Vocoder, Gate, Limiter, Compressor, Expander and Noise reduction effect for sidechain and other driving purposes) are different things. You cannot control Dry/Wet with audio signals.

However another workaround would be find/create some KARMA GE that generates some CC# LFO that is in list of DMod (e.g CC# 17..21 or others).
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thanks for that clarification Alland. I never paid that much attention to the difference.
.Jens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alland wrote:

No, DMod (can used in many places in effects) and FX control buses (can used in Vocoder, Gate, Limiter, Compressor, Expander and Noise reduction effect for sidechain and other driving purposes) are different things. You cannot control Dry/Wet with audio signals.

Dammit, you are right. Sorry for the confusion.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Sorry I wasn't getting email notifications from this thread so didn't know about your replies!

So the best bet seems to be to find one of the DMods and control it from karma, I'll have a look......

Cheers

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: