Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Style Korg Pa600 Fields of Gold

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andreidelait

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Style Korg Pa600 Fields of Gold Reply with quote

Hi all

I made a tyle for Filedls of Gold song.
It is compatible with Korg Pa600/Pa900/Pa3X

If somebody need this style just send me an email to andreidelait@yahoo.com and i will send it to you for free.
For now I see I cannot attach files here in this post
I'm sorry for bad light filming. Also the video is just for demo purpose not to show my perfmance. I know it has some glithces.

Pa3XDK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice style, I sent you a mail.. Wink And thanks for sharing!
NI Komplete Ultimate 9, and a hell of a lot VI's

Music demo's at;
https://soundcloud.com/hellan-n-rlev/sets
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your music and offering of the style for other users.

Going off subject,if I may…..noticed you have a Kronos beneath the pa600 and would be interested in knowing how you have them mounted.
Type of stand etc.

Perhaps a few photos….please.

I already have a Kronos,mounted on a table and intend buying a pa600 soon which will have to go above it, somehow.
Made a make shift stand,but not sure if it'll work yet,so any ides would be appreciated.

Thanks.
andreidelait

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using two X keyboard stands at different height.
I tought I can play both keyboards sitting on the chair but is not very confortable. The advantage here is I can push backword or pull forward any of them individually but I cannot adjust the angle. In this situation I have to stand up to use the Pa600 screen.
I think a better solution is to find a stand with adjustable angle for upper keyboard.

So if you still want some pictures for this setup just let me know and I'll take some for you.

Good Luck

I forgot. I think the best sollution is to have them in L. Like the kronos in front of you and the Pa600 in the right side for instance.
But this just if you have enough space to do that.
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you reply and the information.

I would appreciate some photos please !

Being able to pull / push forward and backward does have a huge benefit…….but the angle adjustment would also be an advantage.
Having to stand up for playing isn't really suitable for me though…..that is why I've opted for an acute angle for the second keyboard,which is about half an inch(10mm) above the Kronos,just behind the touch screen.
This reduces the total height of the upper keyboard for ease of playing.....well,in theory,at least.

Currently I'm using my old Yamaha DJX for trial purposes,which is similar to the pa600 overall.
The pa600 is a few inches longer and a little heavier,but I've allowed for this.
I should provide photos....but the set up doesn't look "pretty " enough..... Smile.
However,if you or anyone else would like a full description,I shall try to explain further.
(Don't get too excited though,it's all rough and ready type of DIY Wink ).

This arrangement may well be ok for the future,but I would like to know of any alternatives.

I also considered a type of z stand with the upper tier being angle adjustable,but for the moment will try what I have,mainly because the Kronos 73 version benefits from
a sturdier support of a table.(Length and weight considerations etc).
I do realise that many use bought stands without any problems, though.

Best Wishes.
andreidelait

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not @ home right now but I had this one on Facebook.

pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the photo…it shows the arrangement clearly.

I can see that the pa600 is so high,but you've achieved a good working set up with the stands.

There are attachments that will fit some x stands to provide angle adjustments (within limits)…depending on brand etc.
This could lower the overall height and decrease the gap between the keyboards….the limiting factor being access to the Kronos screen and the item that's on top of it,of course.

As a side note,I don't like x stands because I need better knee room whilst playing,so,if ever I bought a stand,it would either be a z type or a multi tier one.
Thing is though,these can be expensive….so for now,I shall try the cheapest route…. Smile

Best Wishes.
andreidelait

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are right. The x stand is not the best for a gig but for home it is. If somthig is over kronos display I can easy pull the kronos out a bit that's why I use two of them. I also have some serious sight problems and I need to be closer then usual.
And to be honest I toox the x stand with me also to some gigs rather then spider wich is heavy.
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the additional information,it's interesting how other musicians have their set up.

As I don't play live at all…purely a home musical hobyist…..so I always sit down for all my playing.
This means that the upper keyboard will always be a compromise regarding comfort with the elevated hand and arm positions etc.
Standing could minimize the effect,of course,but I soon get very tired and also I need to be closer to the screen to read the "small print"….on the Kronos especially.

Been looking at some x stands and realized that they seem to have longer top supports than the old one I have,which could give more knee room etc,so,it may become a consideration in the future after all.

Thanks again for helping me with this……

Take care.

Best Wishes.
Vex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good style but not very healthy sound. I hear on my monitor speakers semi-distorted bass drum and bass guitar.
andreidelait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
It is a good style but not very healthy sound. I hear on my monitor speakers semi-distorted bass drum and bass guitar.

Yes you are right.
I tried to mix with the master EQ off and I recorded with it turned ON.
So it depends how each user has his master EQ set up.
If something is wrong the bass track eq can be adjustet by every user.

Thank you for notice this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: