Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a PA600 :) :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackuar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Got a PA600 :) :) Reply with quote

Hello everyone...........

Today.. is the best day of my life... After 12 years of wait, I've finally got an upgrade to my keyboard - the PA600... A happy moment I wanted to share with every other Korg lover out there...

Looking forward to exploring this wonderful instrument... (That means, expect a load questions in this forum soon Wink )

(Mods: Just wanted to share my happiness with all. feel free to move or delete this post, if not in the right place)
songbird

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, enjoy your keyboard Smile
I am sure you will have tons of fun with it.

KORG PA4X76, Yamaha P95, Yamaha MONTAGE 6
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! You're going to be a busy person the next few weeks getting to know this great keyboard! Enjoy!

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, jackuar. Twelve years is a long wait. What keyboard are you switching from?
MamieNova

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made the right choice Jackuar ! Wink
Welcome in the Korg family.
johnnie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have just invested in a PA600 just amazing for an entry level keyboard at a very affordable price. The other amazing thing is it is such a step up from the PA500 in audio output quality. The only downside for me is that Korg have still not fitted a connection for the EC5 footswitch controller OK it has assignable fotswitch/pedal but alas only one single trigger.
Jackuar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and welcome...

Giner, I'm upgrading from a Yamaha PSR 240 -- 1998 model I think, which I bought in 2000!!
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's like trading a moped for a Ducati. Cool.
Nifin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just blast up buddy! You own one of the best arrangers in this whole world! Very Happy

Last edited by Nifin on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
khuramofemotion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats bro! i have just ordered mine as well will be delivered next week for my studio.
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a PA600 now for about 4 month.

What i recognize - the keyboard is nearly not playable for live performance - sound and functions ok so far (i´m waiting for my external sound system) but the keyboard (claviatur) feels very bay under my hands - i think about playing it over midi with a much better keyboard. It´s one of the worst claviatur i ever played - cheap cheaper - Korg?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
johnnie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wittid wrote:

What i recognize - the keyboard is nearly not playable for live performance - sound and functions ok so far (i´m waiting for my external sound system) but the keyboard (claviatur) feels very bay under my hands - i think about playing it over midi with a much better keyboard. It´s one of the worst claviatur i ever played - cheap cheaper - Korg?

I don't think I have ever owned a keyboard yet that is suitable for playing in a live sitution without amplification in anything other than a small room. You are obviously not happy with your PA600. Your inference to cheap- cheaper seems to me like you are calling it rubbish for which the PA600 certainly isn't. For an entry level keyboard it is in fact in my opinion really affordable good value for money. You say you want to midi it through a better keyboard so I beg the question what difference is that going to make to your gripe. Please explain a better claviatur/keyboard in the same price range?
Jackuar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wittid wrote:

Hi wittid,

You might probably not be that much happy with your keyboard. The catch here is "The intended market and the price range". At this price point, with similar features etc. there is no KB better than the PA600. Without any such constraint, speaking of a better keyboard will always show you greener other side - one can always get a better board - the PA3X, the Tyros, or whatever.

And being cheaper? - I tried both the PSR S series (750/950) and Korg PA600 side by side and to me, the PA600 had a much better keybed and overall build quality (The paint looked a bit better on the Yamaha though). Yamaha has better studio-like polished sound which sounds good but I'm sure with a bit of work, the korg can be equally good, even if not better. I did make up in my mind that it won't be performance friendly out of the box; so since I expected that, I'm enjoying the challenge of work with the settings, trying to figure out a better tone with modifications.

To each his own I guess. If you feel its not readily playable, may I suggest to try to be a bit patient, see if you work the various tweaking options for the sounds and try to have your settings saved in the performances section etc. Though I'm just only one week old with my new PA600, I'm already finding it ok for live play and with full utilise of its features I"m sure I can exploit its potential to the max.
johnnie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that the 600 is better than the 500 which is a step forward for me because I was getting quite frustrated with the sound quality out of the 500 OK for the money you won't get a goldplated case but you do get an affordable keyboard which sits above any of the competition for usability. I am sure I will enjoy my 600 for the foreseeable furture.
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pa600 is not PERFECT, but then neither is any $5000 kb ... and yes, it takes a fair amount of editing out of the box to make it sound how YOU want it to sound, but all the tools for doing that are there ... and once that time and effort is put in, it is DEFINITELY 'gig worthy' ... I am very happy with it for 'live play' ...
Are all the sounds as good as my technics kn6000? - no, but a lot of the styles are better ... and I shouldn't be comparing a kb that cost less than $1000 today to a kb that cost $3000 over 12 years ago ...
Value for the dollar, the Pa600 is VERY good ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: