Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VST to SF2 ( Extreme Sample Converter )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRedZac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just uploaded the sound to my webspace for testing. Here´s the link:

http://www.mediacoustics.eu/alto.zip
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screen shot 1.
Right file type, but all the samples are the same name which is not allowed.

Screen shot 2.
This is a perfect SFZ file. You simply need to export this out of ESC now as a SF2 instrument file and NOT a Bank File.

Screen shot 3.
I see nothing but Bank Files which will never work. Export only Instrument files.

I'm downloading your file right now to have a look at it.

Regards
Sharp.
MRedZac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Screen shot 1.
Right file type, but all the samples are the same name which is not allowed.

Screen shot 2.
This is a perfect SFZ file. You simply need to export this out of ESC now as a SF2 instrument file and NOT a Bank File.

Screen shot 3.
I see nothing but Bank Files which will never work. Export only Instrument files.

I'm downloading your file right now to have a look at it.

Regards
Sharp.

Sharp, after record, I press convert and it saves (you can see it once the browser window to choose location where to save which shows SF2 Instrument File!) an Instrument File... In none of the cases, I have saved a Bank File... This is for sure !
So, I suppose, that ESC 3.6.0.1594 has a bug, not saving instrument files, but banks instead. Or is there maybe some other settings in the software to be done ? I found Settings -> Sample Export -> Sample Folders... where you can tell it, what structure to have... Maybe this is the solution ? Can you have a look ? - For me it was set to the third one in upper row...

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sharp, after record, I press convert and it saves (you can see it once the browser window to choose location where to save which shows SF2 Instrument File!) an Instrument File... In none of the cases, I have saved a Bank File... This is for sure !

Very strange because ESC is displaying screen shot 3 as a bank file.

Quote:

BINGO..!!! Now that's more like it. This is an instrument file with all the proper naming. This file you uploaded will load into your KRONOS perfectly, I'm sure if it. Cool

Quote:
So, I suppose, that ESC 3.6.0.1594 has a bug, not saving instrument files, but banks instead.

I don't know. I'm using the exact same version and I never seen ESC do that. It's always saves in the format I select.

Quote:
Or is there maybe some other settings in the software to be done ? I found Settings -> Sample Export -> Sample Folders... where you can tell it, what structure to have... Maybe this is the solution ? Can you have a look ? - For me it was set to the third one in upper row...

That's correct. You won't ever have to change that.

Regards
Sharp.
MRedZac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Quote:

Very strange because ESC is displaying screen shot 3 as a bank file.

Quote:

BINGO..!!! Now that's more like it. This is an instrument file with all the proper naming. This file you uploaded will load into your KRONOS perfectly, I'm sure if it. Cool

Quote:
So, I suppose, that ESC 3.6.0.1594 has a bug, not saving instrument files, but banks instead.

I don't know. I'm using the exact same version and I never seen ESC do that. It's always saves in the format I select.

Quote:
Or is there maybe some other settings in the software to be done ? I found Settings -> Sample Export -> Sample Folders... where you can tell it, what structure to have... Maybe this is the solution ? Can you have a look ? - For me it was set to the third one in upper row...

That's correct. You won't ever have to change that.

Regards
Sharp.

Wow, you were right, in deed, this time, the Kronos opened the file, I sent you. Looks like, it only eats files with maximum 4 velocity steps somehow... I will just create another one to see, if this was the big exception or not... Wink Will keep you informed ! - Thanks for your help again !

AlexJoKeys

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a similar program to do this on a mac?

My Windows workstation/laptop broke so im back on my old macbook.. Ive decided to totally migrate to mac for its reliability...

AJK
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexJoKeys wrote:
Is there a similar program to do this on a mac? .

I believe Sample Robot comes close.
http://www.samplerobot.com/

Regards
Sharp.
traveler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Sample Robot Reply with quote

Thanks Sharp for such an amazing tutorial! Solid and straightforward.

I was checking Sample Robot, since I only have a Mac Computer, and it costs 250 euros. Sad While ESC only costs 69.

I've been refusing to install windows on my macs, but might have to start now. Any recommendations? what would be the least painful and hard drive consuming solution?

And one extra tech question:

If I am running ESC on Windows in my Mac, will Kontakt and Omnisphere also have be installed on Windows in order to talk to ESC?

I fear the answer is yes, since step five of the tutorial says: Select “VST Load” and select the DLL file of the VSTi you wish to sample.

But this would be such a headache and a waste of space, to have every VST that I need to sample installed twice: both in OSX and in Windows.

Any ideas?

Regards and thanks again for your contribution!

T.
================
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
Sorry but I'm afraid I'm not much help to you on anything to do with a Mac. I'm a windows user.

Regards
Sharp.
anticipation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it as the tutorial shows. I sampled the sylenth1 vst. But ı'm getting sound just from the keys below the C#1 :S

EDIT !

Did the same procedure with vanguard it works perfect !!!

2nd EDIT !!!

Sucks again with vanguard in another preset...

Also, when I load the SF2 to kronos 8 Programs comes for each...

Ex: Vanguard lead 0, Vanguard lead 1, Vanguard lead 2, Vanguard lead 3 etc...
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the KRONOS is generating more than 1 program sound per sound you convert, then your doing it wrong, and where it's likely that your going wrong is when your pressing the virtual keys in the Converter to specify what notes to sample.

It sounds to me like your trying to sample at more than one velocity incorrectly.

Also make sure that the format ESC is exporting to is a SF2 “Instrument” and **NOT** a “Bank” file.

Regards
Sharp.
Bart S.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bringing up this old thread Smile
I currently have difficulties with Sampling my Jupiter 80 via ESC: all works fine despite the auto loop function in ESC. It seems as ESC is computing loops - but when I load the sf2 file into Kronos, nothing is looped Crying or Very sad It's just playing the single sample and stopping afterwards.
Any ideas? I sticked strictly to Sharp's tutorial...
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you looped the sounds in ESC, are you sure your exporting that looped sound as a SF2 new file?

In ESC when you select a sound and work on it, your actually working on a temporary copy of the file. It's not until you try to overwrite the original, or save it as a new SF2 file will it actually generate a truly new file.

Actually, I think ESC doesn't even overwrite files, I think it adds a 1 to the end of the file name if you try to overwrite the original.

Regards
Sharp.
Bart S.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my late reply! I had problems with looping in ESC: every time I clicked on "Autoloop", the status bar said: auto looping x/xx but nothing happened. Now (a few days later) it seems to work properly, but only for a few samples... Strange. I think I have to re-install ESC? But now, I'm first installing v3 on Kronos Very Happy
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart S. wrote:
Sorry for my late reply! I had problems with looping in ESC: every time I clicked on "Autoloop", the status bar said: auto looping x/xx but nothing happened. Now (a few days later) it seems to work properly, but only for a few samples... Strange. I think I have to re-install ESC? But now, I'm first installing v3 on Kronos Very Happy

No that's all totally normal. ESC only does that when it can't find a loop based on the settings you have entered. So if you check your Auto Loop window, you might find that the minimum loop length is too close to the longest loop length value, and that the accuracy slider might need to be adjusted.

A small tweak on your settings there and you should be good to go.

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: