Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Polysix Modifications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipaudette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Korg Polysix Modifications Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm an owner of a Korg Polysix and I like to do mods. Have any of you folks out there done any mods?

One set of mods that I did to my Polysix was to replace the keybed so that I could add aftertouch. This also required me to replace the Key Assigner CPU. With both replaced, it meant that I could add Portamento and custom Detuning along with the Aftertouch. Sweet!

If you're interested, you can check out my mods (with video demo!) at:

http://synthhacker.blogspot.com/2013/03/polysix-aftertouch-and-portamento-demo.html

What have you folks done with your Polysix's?

Chip
chipaudette

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After adding the aftertouch and portamento, I spent some time tuning its sound and feel. The portamento, especially, didn't feel as good as it does on my Korg Mono/Poly. So, I examined the portamento on the Mono/Poly in detail and found that each of its four voices has a slightly different portamento rate. These differences in the per-voice portamento results in the pitches of the voices separating from each other during the glide. This gives it a thicker / detuned sound just during the glide. I think that it's a great effect -- very engaging.

So then I added this per-voice spreading behavior to the Portamento that I hacked into my Polysix. You can check out the details and get an audio comparison at:

http://synthhacker.blogspot.com/2013/04/portamento-voice-spreading-from-monopoly.html

Chip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: