Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pro audio recording on an ipad 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Pro audio recording on an ipad 4 Reply with quote

I've asked this before but probably on the wrong thread. Is there anyone here using an ipad to do multi track recording and if so, what are you using to get your sound into and out of your ipad?
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeremy,

There is a separate section of the forum that is specifically for I pads. Try that. I do not have one myself, How do you like it?
Don't get frustrated if you have to wait a few days or more for a response, there is not a lot of activity on the "specialty sub sections" of the forums.
Be well.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it! The only thing it doesn't have is a phone. I bought it because I want to record audio, my band for example. I've had some people tell me that I had to run an iOs interface and others say that I don't have to.
I'm just a bit confused but yes, I love this thing!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked out any tutorials on Youtube? Or download the manual? If I run across anything I will let you know.
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I Googled it quickly it looks as if you most likely need an audio interface like a focusrite. If you need to get one try looking up a company based in Illinois, USA called Sweetwater. They work with you $ wise and the service is awesome.

This will also make it easier to record your guitars as well. Good luck
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked at Sweetwater and Musicians Friend. Also amazon. What I would like to see is something with about 8 inputs plus midi. I've looked a bit at iOs based stuff but it's stupidly eightning interface that my iPad uses.
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this article in tuts. I did not see any multiple input audio interfaces but see if this helps

Audio tuts: Top 30 Devices and Interfaces for iPad Audio. Let me know how you make out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: