Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warranty returns to vendor? Or *nearest* Korg agent?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Warranty returns to vendor? Or *nearest* Korg agent? Reply with quote

Hi there,

Hope graham of 'PraiseTheLord' gets his PA900 screen fixed pronto. This is a general question about returning faulty Korg hardware (under warranty) to the vendor.

Does it need to be returned to the vendor, or would the nearest Korg agent be obliged to sort it out?

thank-you
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Warranty returns to vendor? Or *nearest* Korg agent? Reply with quote

Happy Jack wrote:
Hi there,

Hope graham of 'PraiseTheLord' gets his PA900 screen fixed pronto. This is a general question about returning faulty Korg hardware (under warranty) to the vendor.

Does it need to be returned to the vendor, or would the nearest Korg agent be obliged to sort it out?

thank-you

Guess that depends on the sale & warranty details. Here in the US we can usually return a out of box defective unit back to the dealer for a replacement within a certain time frame that varies from dealer to dealer. Typically 7 to 30 days.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Warranty returns to vendor? Or *nearest* Korg agent? Reply with quote

[quote="Thoraldus...

"Guess that depends on the sale & warranty details. Here in the US we can usually return a out of box defective unit back to the dealer for a replacement within a certain time frame that varies from dealer to dealer. Typically 7 to 30 days.[/quote]

Hello Thoraldus and thanks for your response.

Yes, I was forgetting: that the deal is between the purchaser and the vendor - not between the purchaser and Korg per se. Could be I was mixing memories of buying a new VW Beetle and then taking it to the nearest VW dealer for warranty work to be done.

cheers
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, the policy is to take the keyboard back to the retailer and show them the problem, they then raise a warranty repair ticket with the Korg service agents.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Here, the policy is to take the keyboard back to the retailer and show them the problem, they then raise a warranty repair ticket with the Korg service agents.

Very Happy

How-do, karmathanever and ta' for your response.

Okay, folks, I'll come clean. Was just looking for a cheapskate way to dodge the hassle of repacking and mailing a PA900 should that be necessary. And I pray it won't.

Otherwise my local Korg vendor might say something like:

"Ah, nice of you to grace us with your valued custom again Happy Jack. Let's see, it was the two plastic kazoos last Christmas wasn't it? And now, having taken your business elsewhere you want us to handle any warranty work on the synth we didn't sell?

Hmmm, how about THIS for a lyric in need of a ditty: Go forth and multiply!
jvfade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Warranty returns to vendor? Or *nearest* Korg agent? Reply with quote

Happy Jack wrote:
Hi there,

thank-you

What is wrong with it Happy Jack? Are you Unhappy? Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jack

You will have a legal right to have it repaired and your Korg distributor will tell you the procedure for your country/area.

(I hope you bought top-of-the-range Kazoos - I mean Korg ones not that inferior Yamaha Kazoo Wink )

One day the Yamaha "boys" are going to come here and break my arms !!!!!

Love Yamaha - seriously - no, really - honestly - I have a fantastic Yamaha DTXtreme IIIs kit - unbelievable gear. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Warranty returns to vendor? Or *nearest* Korg agent? Reply with quote

jvfade wrote:
Happy Jack wrote:
Hi there,

thank-you

What is wrong with it Happy Jack? Are you Unhappy? Smile

Howdo, jvfade,

No, jv, on the contrary, the new Korg is fine thanks and so am I. Smile

As a matter of fact, just got back from donating my entire collection of cardigans (and fur-lined slippers) to the nearest charity shop. In keeping with my new Korg player status, got myself some edge now, am kitted out with faded denims and Timberlands.

What else? Well, maybe a new portfolio of fisheye monochrome stills of me being moody by a derelict factory? Amazing things can happen when you get a new keyboard.

happy regards

Last edited by Happy Jack on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="karmathanever"]Hey Jack

... (I hope you bought top-of-the-range Kazoos - I mean Korg ones not that inferior Yamaha Kazoo Wink )/quote]
--------------

Howdo, karmathanever,

My new PA900 is fine, thanks and I forget now why I asked the original question. But really wish you hadn't mentioned the kazoos.

Few old mates popped round to see the new Korg. Including Fingers Fred (not his real name), nor is he any master of the pianoforte, but suffers a bit from arthritis.

FF brought two bottles of his blackberry wine. First bottle was drunk in respect of absent friends. Effects of the second bottle was rather predictable.

Fingers' repertoire has shrunk these days to two solitary party pieces: One is Arthur Brown's 'Fire'. (Good natured groans all round). But the *real* treat, for those who are still awake, is Fred's second party piece.

Just allow your imagination to join the dots when I say that Fingers' use of a kazoo (plus a few large onions provided by yours truly) is something that the MU would wash their hands of.

Nor would the bizarre pyrotechnics finale be awarded a fire-safety certificate for public performance.

FF opens with his solemn promise of "heavenly harmonics that only a angel's dog could hear". Which draws a drunken retort by all: "but wouldn't want to!"

But you asked about the brand of kazoo?

Well, FF's show is in progress as we speak, but can hardly ask our own 'God of Hellfire' to pause mid-performance. From where I sit, I think I can see the word.... no, no sorry, not enough of it is visible now, and without my glasses, modesty forbids me closer scrutiny.

Sorry, karma, but my lips are sealed on this one ..er, I mean I can't say whose kazoo is better. Besides, you're making me miss the best bit of the show... Meanwhile, lock up your mouth organs, eh. Smile

happy regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: