Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lower Backing Mute not responding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darrylkorg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Lower Backing Mute not responding Reply with quote

Hi All,

The Lower backing Mute is not responding. When i touch the screen the mute symbol goes on / off but i can still hear the sound. i did factory restore but still the problem persists. Any other solutions??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Darryl
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Backing Mute not responding Reply with quote

darrylkorg wrote:
Hi All,

The Lower backing Mute is not responding. When i touch the screen the mute symbol goes on / off but i can still hear the sound. i did factory restore but still the problem persists. Any other solutions??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Darryl

Darryl,

Try going to GLOBAL > MODE PREFERENCES > STYLE and turn the "Bass & Lower Backing" setting off. See page 144 of the PA600 User Manual

cheers,
Rick

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
darrylkorg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Lower Backing Mute not responding Reply with quote

[Darryl,

Try going to GLOBAL > MODE PREFERENCES > STYLE and turn the "Bass & Lower Backing" setting off. See page 144 of the PA600 User Manual

cheers,
Rick[/quote]

Thanks Rick. The problem im facing is that i need the bass/ accomp without the lower backing voice. I could acheive it by reducing the lower backing volume to 0. But want to understand why the mute is not responding. Is it a possible bug in my KB?

Thanks,
Darryl
PS: It was working earier and forrm yesterday it stopped.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Backing Mute not responding Reply with quote

darrylkorg wrote:
[Darryl,

cheers,
Rick

Thanks Rick. The problem im facing is that i need the bass/ accomp without the lower backing voice. I could acheive it by reducing the lower backing volume to 0. But want to understand why the mute is not responding. Is it a possible bug in my KB?

Thanks,
Darryl
PS: It was working earier and forrm yesterday it stopped.[/quote]

That's the way it works, no bugs. If you turn on Lower Backing you get both Bass and Lower. If you turn off Lower Backing you can mute Lower.

From the manual ...

Bass & Lower Backing
With this function, you can play a simple accompaniment with your left hand. For this to work, the SPLIT LED must be turned on, and the Style must not be running. By default, this function is turned on.

On When the Style is not running, and you play a chord with your left hand, the chord is played by the Lower Sound (even if it is muted), while the chord root is played by the Bass Sound. When you start the Style, the normal behavior is restored. When the Bass & Lower Backing function is active, the Backing icon appears in the Lower track Sound’s area.

Off No Bass Sound is added when the Style is not running. The Lower track can be heard only if it is not muted.

You could go to Sound mode and create an "EMPTY" sound. Osc #560 is a null sample. Create a single osc sound with the null sample. Then set your Lower voice to that "sound".

Seems like it would be a lot easier to just press MAN. BASS. Then when you're done just press ACCOMP to get back to normal style mode. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower Backing Mute not responding Reply with quote

Deleted duplicate post

Johann Sebastian Bach

darrylkorg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Lower Backing Mute not responding Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
Deleted duplicate post

Thanks Rick. That information helps. Just that my joystick failed couple of weeks im panicking even for the slightest thing. Thanks to this forum for clarifying all my doubts. And thanks to you...

More doubts to come!!!! Razz Wink
darrylkorg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

when i touch the screws at the rear end i get an electric shock. its not that powerful though Wink . I guess its a mild induction.

Also i feel the lcd screen getting heated up mildly after a continuous play for 3 - 4 hrs. Is this something to be worried of or just let it be...

Thanks
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darrylkorg wrote:
Hi All,

when i touch the screws at the rear end i get an electric shock. its not that powerful though Wink . I guess its a mild induction.

Also i feel the lcd screen getting heated up mildly after a continuous play for 3 - 4 hrs. Is this something to be worried of or just let it be...

Thanks

Darryl,

Do you have your keyboard connected to any other electronic equipment? PC, external amp or powered speakers, etc. Current may be flowing in the shields/grounds from the other equipment. Get it checked out!

The LCD should feel a little warm to the touch from the back light.

Johann Sebastian Bach

darrylkorg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Thoraldus"][quote="darrylkorg"]Darryl,

Do you have your keyboard connected to any other electronic equipment? PC, external amp or powered speakers, etc. Current may be flowing in the shields/grounds from the other equipment. Get it checked out!

Thanks Rick!! I did not connect the KB to any other equipment. however im taking the current supply from UPS. i will check if i am getting the current flow if i give a direct supply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: