Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WPF M1 to KRONOS Converter
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: WPF M1 to KRONOS Converter Reply with quote

I have created a new thread to not confuse people with Sharp's development of his M1 to Kronos Converter at http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72832

OK, I took a shot at creating my own version of a M1 to KRONOS converter (my biggest motivation is to get my M1 Plus 1 instrument/multisamples into my KRONOS).

Here are the key features:

Load SYX program files or load directly from M1 via program data dump

Manipulate all M1 parameters (except FX at the moment) of all instruments loaded

Auto sync of M1 parameters to each equivalent KRONOS HD-1 parameter (still under development)

Send Converted KRONOS programs to KRONOS via SYSEX (still under development)

Requirements:

Windows XP/Vista/7 (32 or 64)

.NET 4.0 installed

Uses WPF for GUI and C# language

Download link:

www.flexmediasoftware.com/M1ToKronos001Setup.exe

I'm hoping a few people can download and test the M1 load/datadump functionality and report back with problems or success.

Also, if anyone is interested in helping me determine equivalent parameters in KRONOS to match M1, send me a PM here!

Thanks!

Update: At this time, only program data can be imported! Also, only the 100 program memory allocation (not 50 program) can be used. You can also import from a SYX file that contains all data (Program, Combi, Global, Sequnce) as long as it's 100 program as well (My app will parse out the program data.

Last edited by sunriser111671 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
ahutnick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I be able to load the M1 legacy collection with this?
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, no.

The DLC plugin has more parameters than the original M1 and I don't believe you can export their sound banks as SYSEX. You should be able to do what Sharp was attempting in his software and manipulate the parameters for your programs by hand (I have re-created the parameter-entry GUI in my app) and send that to the KRONOS via SYSEx.....
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Development Update Reply with quote

Well, just in case there are a few people interested in this app, here is where I am currently:

Converted 90% of the M1 parameters to Kronos on spreadsheet. Now it's just a matter of getting those parameters in my software with proper conversions as needed

I can now successfully send an updated Kronos program with partial conversion from an M1 program to the Kronos via Sysex thanks to Sanford's C# MIDI Toolkit! Major hurdle behind me there!

GUI interface for the M1 side is done. Equivalent Kronos parameter GUI is about 20% completed. In the end you will be able to see the parameters side-by-side with auto linked data and proper conversion on Kronos elements!

I expect to have a new version of the software with basic, but complete, functionality for automated conversion of 1-100 M1 programs to Kronos in about 2 weeks.

Possible future direction:

I am considering doing this for the O1/W if there is enough interest. Watcha think?

Request for info:

I figure this is the best place to get quick answers from people who may know more about synth editing than I. One thing I'm looking for in the Kronos is the equivalent settings for Filter and Amp EG Time Key Track and Velocity switches and polarities (the x, +, or - thingies). Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you keep developing these tools and you ever reach the Triton series, I would be happy to help map parameters.
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Development Update Reply with quote

sunriser111671 wrote:
Well, just in case there are a few people interested in this app...

Yes, I'm sure many are interested. The page I made about your app certainly created some interest on the French forum I moderate.

As for converting 01/W progs, yes, but only if you finish the M1 converter first Wink

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
ExcelMusicStudio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow ,, I wish I had brains to do that... ! I am pretty good at programming synths... amazing development.
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Eye Candy Reply with quote

Here's a screenshot of my latest version of the WPF M1 To Kronos Converter (it definitely needed some color!):

Another update:

I now have what I believe to be 100% of the M1 parameters converted to the Kronos, but will still require a LOT of testing. The important outstanding difference is the OSC1 and OSC2 Pitch EG. The Kronos only has one for both OSCs. My solution is to allow the user to select whether to use the M1 OSC1 or OSC2 Pitch EG for the Kronos Pitch EG.

Thanks!

Very Happy
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it the link to the app in the first message points towards the updated version?

sunriser111671

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:
I take it the link to the app in the first message points towards the updated version?

No, it's not ready yet. I just wanted to post a picture of my development update to go with my written one I posted a few days ago.

At this point, even though I found equivalent M1 parameters in the Kronos, I need to systematically check each parameter to verify it affects the Kronos as expected. Also, the GUI you see in the picture still requires development on the VDF,VDA, AfterTouch/Joystick tabs.

I'm still looking at another 7-9 days.

I'd like to get some opinions on the GUI layout in the picture, please....

Thanks!
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great in terms of layout, not keen on the gradient, but that's just my own preferences. I prefer soft colours that you can look at for long period of times without tiring.

sunriser111671

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Update:

I now have the entire Kronos GUI completed on my software. I have debugged all the GUI elements and sync/scale adjustments to the respective M1 parameters.

I successfully sent one M1 program to my Kronos with all changed parameters reflecting accurately in the Kronos.

I sent M1 00-Universe to the Kronos with my Choir and Lore multisamples assigned to OSC1 and 2. It sounds damn close to the original! That was with only one adjustment required on the Pitch EG settings!

I still have some tweaking to do on some scaling between M1 and Kronos, but should have something ready for download by Monday evening.

Important Note:

To qualm expectations, I wish to state that currently you will still need to apply your own multisamples to OSC1 and OSC2 (if used). As many have alluded, there are no direct "M1 multisamples" in the factory soundset (although some may sound close to the M1).

Sometime in the near future, I may ask Korg if I can use a bank of M1 samples to work with my software (like maybe the krome multisample set).

Another screenshot:

Thanks
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good.

It will be interesting to hear the end results. I've abandoned my program because of a number of different issues.

Quote:
Sometime in the near future, I may ask Korg if I can use a bank of M1 samples to work with my software

And that's one of the main issues why I stopped. The answer would be “Don't Ask”.

Regards
Sharp.
neomad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Looking good.

It will be interesting to hear the end results. I've abandoned my program because of a number of different issues.

Quote:
Sometime in the near future, I may ask Korg if I can use a bank of M1 samples to work with my software

And that's one of the main issues why I stopped. The answer would be “Don't Ask”.

Regards
Sharp.

Don't Ask, just use it ? Smile
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your going to be going in circles at this point if Korg doesn't allow you the use of those multisamples (and I'd be shocked if they did)....Your legally allowed to build the software that your building but since you don't own the rights to the multisamples, there's no way to access them.....You'd have to read Korg's fair rights to the sounds but I imagine those rights have been amended between the time the M1 first came out and when they made the software version....Even though this is a REALLY cool idea you have, Korg isn't going to say, yeah go ahead and use our samples even though we spent all this money protecting them....Unless they do it themselves, they have no control over it and probably won't happen.... Sad ...moon
DAW - Protools 9 - HD3 Accel
Plugs - All Spectrasonics,Steve Slate Drums 4.0,Slate Trigger,NI Komplete 9 Ultimate,Korg Legacy,Melodyne 3,Evo Autotune,HD3 Pack,Liquid Mix, Eleven, Ample Sound Guitars
Mics - Audio Technica 4033sm, Apogee mic, several Shure SM-57s, 2- Beta 52, 2- AT 3031, 2- Samson CO2
Other - V-Drums, DW Drums, Zildjian A Customs, Muse Research Qu4ttro, Open Labs Miko Timbaland Edition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: